Coolant on intake valves?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dj_juistice

Reaction score
Ok so I just bought a 97 max with 14000 miles. I had it running but it was idleing rough so I decided to clean the carbs. With the carbs off I looked down into the motor and noticed a small amount of green fluid sitting on top of the intake valves. The coolant level is still full and the oil doesnt look contaminated. Im kinda freaking out now. Is there anything I can check with the carbs off to see if I have a blown headgasket?

Probably not a blown head gasket as it usually pressurizes the coolant from combustion pressures before it leaks out anywhere else or gets sucked into the bore. Could be but just not sure. You can have a shop with gas analyzer test the emissions and it will tell you if you are burning any antifreeze/coolant.
Sean

If nothing else this should teach you to inspect things too carefully if they were otherwise working fine!

Just a joke man. Bikes are never ending.

If nothing else this should teach you to inspect things too carefully if they were otherwise working fine!

So what you are saying is he was supposed to pull the carbs prior to buying it....:confused2:

Back