cosidering parting out my bike

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harper

Reaction score
considering parting out my bike

how much do you think you could get doing this? it runs and rides but slips out of third when it's cold and i need to send the title off with $100 to get it so i can register it. i also want to get more of a cruiser bike that doesn't hurt my hips as bad.
it's not set in stone. just a thought

i wouldn't bank on anything over $1500, probably $1000 if the engine isn't mint. and it might take a while.

it does have a few mods too.
(i think) kerker pipe
supertrap muffler
std super brace
sprint steering stabilizer
stage 7 jet kit
python drag bars...

If you part it out you can get much better $$$. I bought an incomplete (no bodywork) non-running Venture-engined '86 Vmax for $650, and made over $2000 in parts, even selling a LOT of them cheap to friends and forum members, and I still had the motor, the frame and a lot of parts by the end!

Re: considering parting out my bike

how much do you think you could get doing this? it runs and rides but slips out of third when it's cold and i need to send the title off with $100 to get it so i can register it. i also want to get more of a cruiser bike that doesn't hurt my hips as bad.
it's not set in stone. just a thought

I would try a new seat from Sean or Maxgasser .

just to check interest and money. pm me what you would like and offer a fair price. if there is enough interest out there ill part it out

the exhaust has a little surface rust and muffler has a small dent on the inside by the bracket cant see it looking straight at it. let me know if im off but i think the entire setup should be worth 650.00.

the exhaust has a little surface rust and muffler has a small dent on the inside by the bracket cant see it looking straight at it. let me know if im off but i think the entire setup should be worth 650.00.

:surprise::surprise:$650 for a rusty stock exhaust? From an '86? That ain't gonna happen from anyone on-here. Not unless you included a bunch of other desireable parts, like the sidecovers, both fenders, and the airbox faux tank, and they had no splits, cracks, dents, or etc. And maybe the ignitor box, known to be operable. The shipping on the exhaust is going to be >$100 within the USA. Don't even try to get a UPS rate, it'll give you 'agita!':rofl_200:

"I'm just sayin'." "GLWS," as they say.

For comparison. I sell NEW kerker systems for $850. I think you are about double what you can probably get for it.

Sean

:surprise::surprise:$650 for a rusty stock exhaust? From an '86? That ain't gonna happen from anyone on-here. Not unless you included a bunch of other desireable parts, like the sidecovers, both fenders, and the airbox faux tank, and they had no splits, cracks, dents, or etc. And maybe the ignitor box, known to be operable. The shipping on the exhaust is going to be >$100 within the USA. Don't even try to get a UPS rate, it'll give you 'agita!':rofl_200:

"I'm just sayin'." "GLWS," as they say.
if you want to comment please read everything before you post and don't have a clue what you are talking about!

For comparison. I sell NEW kerker systems for $850. I think you are about double what you can probably get for it.

Sean

thank you for the comparison. i'm new to these and only going off of what i can find online. all the kerker stuff i found was around 1000. the supertrap muffler was 450.

if you want to comment please read everything before you post and don't have a clue what you are talking about!

Yeah I saw your rusty 4/1 header and the Supertrapp can. No one is gonna pay that price, still "just sayin."

I have the same exact parts sitting in my inventory and I didn't pay half of what you're asking. And, mine are in better shape from seeing yours. Hey, that's OK, you get to ask whatever you want, I think you would be good getting $300 for it. The Supertrapp looks a lot better than the header. Maybe if you bead-blasted it and used some VHT, you-know, make it look pretty, and then you might get a bit more.

This was all just a thought to check on things because I hadn't made up my mind. If it's Not worth that much then I'll keep it and try to fix the third gear issue. It's a 4-2-1 exhaust with slight surface. I had already planned on pulling it off for cleaning if I sold it or not.
With my disabilities I am limited physically and with money so I thought I'd see which way was easier to go.

Well just post-up what you need and maybe we can see about helping you to get it squared-away at reasonable cost. I've been known to donate something I haven't used to a worthy cause. And w/the riding season drawing to a close maybe someone in your vicinity could help you to trouble-shoot stuff, and give you a more-accurate idea of what you need to do.

Back