Cover swap?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxcruzer

Reaction score
Maybe one of you dudes could help me out. Ive been thinking about trading my clear water pump cover and clear chromed clutch cover for a set of the same (windowed) but factory gloss black. I bought them over a period of a few years and ended up with all four (gen, middle gear etc) widowed but the gen and middle gear covers are black and I think I like that better. The water pump cover is polished and the for mentioned clutch cover is chromed, made By Thomas Powell. They're in great shape, just think it would look better if both sides match and I really don't want to chrome the gen cover. Anyhow if you want a change let me know.

Attachments

• Moore park Aug 2 2008 (41).jpg
    Moore park Aug 2 2008 (41).jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Moore park Aug 2 2008 (42).jpg
    Moore park Aug 2 2008 (42).jpg
    101 KB · Views: 41
Maybe one of you dudes could help me out. Ive been thinking about trading my clear water pump cover and clear chromed clutch cover for a set of the same (windowed) but factory gloss black. I bought them over a period of a few years and ended up with all four (gen, middle gear etc) widowed but the gen and middle gear covers are black and I think I like that better. The water pump cover is polished and the for mentioned clutch cover is chromed, made By Thomas Powell. They're in great shape, just think it would look better if both sides match and I really don't want to chrome the gen cover. Anyhow if you want a change let me know.

:ummm:Why dont you just powder coat the covers you want gloss black:confused2:

Damn I wouldn't be able to do a trade because all of my covers are the stock ones with no windows, but I wouldn't mind getting my hands on those ones you don't want anymore!

Damn I wouldn't be able to do a trade because all of my covers are the stock ones with no windows, but I wouldn't mind getting my hands on those ones you don't want anymore!

Same here. All the covers on my bike are stock gloss black, no windows. If you do find what you are looking for, give me a shout. I've always wanted clear covers & yours look just fine to me too.

I may have to powder coat the water pump cover, but I didn't think powder coating would stick to chrome. besides it would be a shame to cover up expensive chroming.

I may have to powder coat the water pump cover, but I didn't think powder coating would stick to chrome. besides it would be a shame to cover up expensive chroming.

Good point on the chrome part. But any "good powder coater" should be able to mask off the fragile areas and bead blast the chrome, then coat your covers for less than $100. Good Luck!

+1 on powdercoating. I had my chrome case guards PC'd and they are holding up great. I use even use them for footrests.

Back