Crap in the vacuum chamber

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RagingMain

Reaction score
Hey Guys
I am in the middle of a carb job and ran across this compacted powdery stuff on the bottom of the vacuum chamber. I was wondering if anyone might have any ideas of what it might be. I want to correct the problem before I put it back together so it wont happen again.
Thanks in advance
Cheers

Attachments

• IMAG0046.jpg
    IMAG0046.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMAG0045.jpg
    IMAG0045.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMAG0044.jpg
    IMAG0044.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 32
Looks like pieces of the carb body? Is it in all four carbs? How do the slides look?

That is what it looks like to me. Are the pieces conductive?

Decided to take a break. I only have one carb left and so far it has only been in that one. Slides and diaphragms look good. You can see oil around the outside of the chamber. Wondering if somehow oil got up around there and got cooked:confused2::ummm:

Jeff do you mean conductive as in electricity???

Yup, it might give you and idea of the material/composition of the "crap"

I gotta say, to me it looks like pieces that fell off the arrowed areas. No idea how that would have happened tho? :ummm::ummm:
Also, what does the inside of the slide cover - where it holds the spring - look like?

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 35
I gotta say, to me it looks like pieces that fell off the arrowed areas. No idea how that would have happened tho? :ummm::ummm:
Also, what does the inside of the slide cover - where it holds the spring - look like?

Think it could be a porous casting issue?

After I cleaned it all up there were no missing pieces from the body or the vacuum chamber cover. It all cleaned up very nicely and looked brand new.
The slide was great, the diaphragm was intact. All in all it looked good. Must have just got some sort of foriegn material in it. I will keep an eye on it.
Thanks guys :eusa_dance:
Cheers

Latest posts

Back