Cuomo's on a roll

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both Texas and Florida have higher crime rates than NY......so the guns come in handy. LOL

In sheer magnitude yes you're right.
By rate per 100,000 your STILL right but numbers are really close.

When broken down by rates per 100,000 for VIOLENT crime only; it's as follows; starting with highest rates,

Tennessee
Alaska
Nevada
New Mexico
Delaware (wtf!)
South Carolina
Louisiana
Florida
Maryland
Oklahoma
Arkansas
Michigan
Missouri
Alabama
Arizona
California
Illinois
Texas
New York
Massachusetts
Georgia
Kansas
North Carolina
Pennsylvania
Indiana
West Virginia
Colorado

And so on,

So,

Florida is 8th
California is 16th
Texas is 18th
New York is 19th

I got the numbers off the FBI 2012 report straight off their website.

In order of least violent crime.

Maine
Vermont
New Hampshire
Virginia
Wyoming
Utah

Also gotta point out that both TX and FL deal with more criminals from across national borders ... by several orders of magnitude. This also lends explanation to the positions of California, Arizona and New Mexico.

A little more gas for the fire.

National average for cost of incareration $31,000 per inmate
Cost in New York state: $60,000 per inmate

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/24/n...-inmate-is-nearly-168000-study-says.html?_r=0

This isn't any thing new to New York. NY spends more than twice the national average for Medicaid. NY spends just under the total cost of the states of California and texas combined, for Medicaid. Those two states have almost 3 times the population of NY.

http://www.ppinys.org/reports/medicd99.htm

It's been said that you can get a cadillac plan. In comparison to other states, NY has the Lear jet plan. ALL AT TAX PAYER EXPENSE.

Oh, one more thing, Deblasio and Cuomo are in a battle over who gets to spend 1.5 billion of tax payer money for all day pre-k. Government sponsered day care.
http://www.capitalnewyork.com/artic...23/if-cuomo-wins-pre-k-battle-will-he-deliver

So as the state crushes the people of NY with taxes, And with The average college debt in NY around $29,000. The only logical conclusion I can come up with is to give convicted felons free college. Makes sense to me..........:damn angry: IF i'm trying to buy votes.

Also gotta point out that both TX and FL deal with more criminals from across national borders ... by several orders of magnitude. This also lends explanation to the positions of California, Arizona and New Mexico.

Sort of,

Only one LAND border state, New Mexico, is in the top 10 at the #4 slot, being beaten out by 3 states with zero border connection in regards to a perceived illegal immigration problem.
New Mexico is a very poor state, shitty job market, lots of illegals and also a ton of drunken Native Americans...
If you think that is a bigoted stereotype, well, it is, but like all stereotypes it's based in some amount of truth, if you don't believe me try living next door to a reservation and get back to me, I have, and no I don't judge these people, if my grandparents upon getting off the boat were setup up to discourage assimilation into society, and all their descendants were done the same, I'd probably be in the same condition, if we were gonna fuck these people like we did we should have at least brought them into our society whether they wanted it or not, not segregated them on reservations out of guilt as we did. Go big or go home.

Louisiana, a Gulf Coast border state, makes the top 10 at #7 but that's not an illegal immigrant problem, it's a thug problem mostly with an underlying poor white trash problem, both with drugs as a big contributor.

And Florida, a Gulf Coast border state, but more important (according to some) a state with a proximity to Cuban and Haitian immigrants, makes the top #10 at #8, I don't buy that Cuban immigrants drive crime,..... Although I honestly don't have any other reasons to guess at either.

CA., TX, and AZ. are fairly well down the list being beaten out by a bunch of states with no perceived illegal immigrant problem either.

So ultimately I would say that any "cause and effect" argument for illegal immigration playing a large hand in the rankings is probably not true.

But for particular states it could be. I would guess that for INDIVIDUAL states situations, illegals might play a hand in some, just as high poverty, lack of education, poor job market or other things might cause other states to rank high even though they don't have an illegal problem.

i.e.,

Getting rid of all the illegals or solving the Native Americans sobriety and poverty problems in New Mexico (#4), might improve their situation, whereas getting rid of illegals in Delaware (#5) would not because their issue are driven by other factors such as .........? but I'm pretty sure it is not illegals.

Like Alaska, no illegals to speak of, not particularly poor, but super high violent crime because of drugs and alcohol. So I guess every state could have a different reason for being where it is....

A lot of what I have said is just my reasoning based on what I "think" I know from having lived and or traveled all over the US, that doesn't make those observations right.

Back