Cycle One Off

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom at Cycle One Off has always been very easy to deal with in my experience. Had some dlelays with shipping my order but he always returned calls and emails. I think that one thing we tend to forget here is that gents like Tom are essentially a one man show. He is running a small cottage business and when he gets hit with a huge volume of orders, especially for the stuff he doesnt keep readily in stock, there will be delays. Good communication is a must and sometimes can be a killer for a small shop. Personally I would rather wait and receive a great product than get a piece of junk quickly.

That's been my experience too. I waited over a month for crash bungs!:damn angry:

Mitchell (Clay) waited even longer!:confused2:

It must just be availability and how busy COO is when orders are placed. I do agree with most of whats been said by all. However, when I ordered frame sliders the payment cleared my bank within 2 days. After a month or more I e-mailed COO and phoned several times as well, with no return:confused2:

Several days later I get a tracking e-mail saying that they were on the way. Ya know, I have no problem with waiting for a nice product. But to charge someone and then receive it nearly 2 months later is just not good business:damn angry:

I ordered some shock bolts from him April 15 haven't seen them yet I called and emailed him all were ignored until I filed a dispute with Paypal,he says he reshipped them there has been a problem with the tracking info,Ill check again.

While I would still do business with them, it sounds like there is a pattern here in what y'all are saying.

I also experienced delays in shipping, was told it was sent it, never got it, and then they "re-shipped" it.....also delays in getting hold of them as well........my guess is wasn't shipped in the first place.......

Like Vmaxrider said tho'....I'm willing to wait and be patient with the little guys/small shops since I kinda feel for them in a way, and hate to beat down a Vmax vendor when there are so few out there.......

On another note; I love their frame sliders, but think they are WAY too long, long enough that everyone that saw them thought they were an attempt at making hi-way pegs.........after hitting one a couple of times I finally cut them down and re-installed them

I have NO issue waiting for a good product but to get no response from emails and phone calls is pure B.S. I believe he may be a bit over his head and probably on the cusp of needing help but can't quite wing it.

I have NO issue waiting for a good product but to get no response from emails and phone calls is pure B.S. I believe he may be a bit over his head and probably on the cusp of needing help but can't quite wing it.

Hi Guys,

Yes this spring took me by surprise and just as I got slammed the help I had just stopped coming into work. I did have some delays and a few shipping issues but I'm finally getting caught up. Help would be nice but I need someone who can talk to you guys and understand what your talking about. So if your in the Rochester area I'm hiring. Sure if I had it my way I would just machine parts all day long so I could try to build a inventory. If you have had a bad experience with me I'm truly sorry.

Tom at cycleoneoff.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree communication goes a long way. People / Customers are a little more forgiving and understanding when they get a response. I know I understand where things get backed up just as if you go out to eat and its prime time 530 on a Saturday evening and a waitress has called out sick, you feel much better when your aknowledged even though its a Gimme a few I will be right with you we are a little short handed.
But not getting a return phone call or email within 2 days is B.S. in my opinion and a company wont build with a poor repuatation even more so in the after market line with VMAX stuff, we are a big group and communicate.
I delt with Cycleone one time and my expierence was good. But I placed my order before the mad rush started and people started thinking about buying things for there VMAX.
I am not sure Tom, but since a lot of people here buy from you, and you are behind I think I may come on to explain this a little sooner. Atleast it would people at ease.

A little communication with Tom today and missunderstandings were
straightened out. I think we all agree, Tom does makes good products, a machinist you are! Tom, maybe you should be looking for a "shop bunny" to help with the communique?:whistlin:

Cycle One-off said:
Hello,

I'm sorry you don't like the bracket you bought from me. If it is the handlebar mounted one that the split style it is made out of steel and is why it is heavy. Every bracket I have made has been powder coated by Leland powder coating here in Rochester 585-254-xxxxIf you want send it back for inspection.

Regards
Tom
Cycle One-off Inc.
P.O. Box 15415
Rochester, NY 14615
Order by phone toll free 1(866) 238-5450
[email protected]
www.cycleoneoff.com

He does care!

I think Tom knows what he needs to do. Work on dealing with customers. No doubt he makes goods stuff. I've never said he didn't but communication is key. The light holder is good but just didn't live up to his reputation of the other stuff I have bought from him. Keep making good parts Tom. Dale Walker answers all tech questions at night and lets his wife and another take orders and follow up with customers. Not saying you won't have to train someone but if you can find someone that understands customers it'll be easy.

Cheers,
Chris

A little communication with Tom today and missunderstandings were
straightened out. I think we all agree, Tom does makes good products, a machinist you are! Tom, maybe you should be looking for a "shop bunny" to help with the communique?:whistlin:

A shop bunny!!!! Now your talking...The problem is I would never get anything done.

Tom at cycleoneoff.com

Tom, I didn't say she had to be pretty! She just has to sound good on the phone... you know like those 1-900 ladies... all 900lbs of them.:rofl_200:

question for everyone and dont bust my balls. im not taking sides, i am totally unbiased and have no connection to either of these guys.

from what im reading here, it sounds like tom is the same as jon cornell. he takes your money asap and you dont see parts for a while. some vmaxers say neither one repsonds to emails or phone calls and some say that they get replies from both.

so why is it everyone busts jons balls and really seem to feel hatetred towards john when it seems as though everyone is ok with tom??

i do realize, was it 4gasem who got screwed on the wheel? why he would be pissed. has jon flat out ripped people off? the reason for so much negativity he receives? if so i understand then.

it just seems that every complaint about jon and tom are the same.

tom, please dont take offense to this, what i know of you or jon is what ive read. i have nothing against you

4gasem your not allowed to reply to this.lol we know your situation, are there others that got screwed this way? justifying the negativity towards jon

as i said i am unbiased, this is just what i have perceived from what ive read.

im just wondering why the negativity isnt equal? maybe there is a lot more about jon that i havent heard

I'm going to get slaughtered for this but in my opinion it's a very loud FEW, out of many satisfied customers, who have problems and raise a ruckus. While there problems are no doubt legitimate you have to balance it against the many satisfied out there.

The difference between Tom and Jon is Tom just had the balls to come on here, admit he was having issues, not be defensive about it, and show a slight amount of Humility without debasing himself (which no one wants I hope) ; and pledging to improve things....shows a good deal of class in my opinion......

As for Jon, I dealt with him many times, went away satisfied, and not had any issues,, others have and I guess it's there right to complian all they want........he has his own style and I'll leave it at that.....

We don't have enough vendors for the Vmax as it is,....We need more and not less so my tendency is to cut these little guys some slack (and every single one of them is a little guy in the grand scheme of things) , we are not dealing with home depot here....

Rusty

question for everyone and dont bust my balls. im not taking sides, i am totally unbiased and have no connection to either of these guys.

from what im reading here, it sounds like tom is the same as jon cornell. he takes your money asap and you dont see parts for a while. some vmaxers say neither one repsonds to emails or phone calls and some say that they get replies from both.

so why is it everyone busts jons balls and really seem to feel hatetred towards john when it seems as though everyone is ok with tom??

i do realize, was it 4gasem who got screwed on the wheel? why he would be pissed. has jon flat out ripped people off? the reason for so much negativity he receives? if so i understand then.

it just seems that every complaint about jon and tom are the same.

tom, please dont take offense to this, what i know of you or jon is what ive read. i have nothing against you

4gasem your not allowed to reply to this.lol we know your situation, are there others that got screwed this way? justifying the negativity towards jon

as i said i am unbiased, this is just what i have perceived from what ive read.

im just wondering why the negativity isnt equal? maybe there is a lot more about jon that i havent heard

Jon's a pot stirrer and is pretty much a two faced person. He tells you what you want to hear and not the truth. If you have an issue with his stuff he'll go only so far and then decides it's your fault and tells you to pack sand. While Tom has issues delivering some things in a timely manner, I have had very few issues with quality. Tom also seems to try to apologize for his mistakes. Jon wouldn't own up to anything. Just the B.S. Jon started with Sean Morley says it all IMHO.:damn angry:

I too had a bad experience with Jon,and I never bought anything from him,his arrogance is unbeleivable there is a huge difference between the two[Toms a nice guy].Jon believes he is the shit[maybe a little shit that is]

I want to beat his ass every time I hear his name, the insulting arrogant emails I received from him put me over the top!!! Then he threatens me with the police after I told him I would pay him a visit,big mouth for such a weaselly little punk!

Tom is way cool and goes above and beyond if you take time to communicate with him via the phone.

Example: My rear wheel was shipped and lost during the matter. It showed up late and missing vital parts! The box busted open during transit and somebody that ordered gospel tapes in Chinese got VMax parts, while I got my wheel and several Chinese gospel tapes!!!

USPS's fault, not his!!! Funniest thing I've been able to talk about in years!!

Tom ate almost $400 in parts and shipped me new Yamaha replacements ASAP! Cush drive, bearings, machined brake mount, etc.

My only complaint with COO is that Tom likes to run up my phone bill when I call him, because, we start talking about everything VMax and Busa related!!! :rofl_200:

He built my One Off USD fork extensions first of their kind in record time, and did an incredible job!!!

He's a true machinist master, and you get what you pay for!!! No worries at all doing business with Tom...I've spent thousands without complaint!

L8R
Neil

Attachments

• chinese_tapes.jpg
    chinese_tapes.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 27
My experience is i ordered a monster tach from Cycle One Off the first week of December 2007. I was told it would take a week or two. I paid in full. After about a month i called Tom, It still wasn't done. Over time i ordered more things while still waiting for my tach. I ordered a notched swingarm K&N individual filters and bar ends. Tom told me he'd give me the bar ends for being so patient. i recieved my swingarm and filters on April 19, 2008. No tach. I called and emailed Tom we communicated back and forth about the tach. I finally recieved the tach today after almost 6 months but guess what. No bar ends!!! Toms a nice guy but i dont know if any parts are worth this much hassle.

Tom ate almost $400 in parts and shipped me new Yamaha replacements ASAP! Cush drive, bearings, machined brake mount, etc.

L8R
Neil

If that was Jon he'd of said you need to deal with USPS not me I didn't do it. :bang head:

Tom is way cool and goes above and beyond if you take time to communicate with him via the phone.

Example: My rear wheel was shipped and lost during the matter. It showed up late and missing vital parts! The box busted open during transit and somebody that ordered gospel tapes in Chinese got VMax parts, while I got my wheel and several Chinese gospel tapes!!!

USPS's fault, not his!!! Funniest thing I've been able to talk about in years!!

My only complaint with COO is that Tom likes to run up my phone bill when I call him, because, we start talking about everything VMax and Busa related!!! :rofl_200:

He built my One Off USD fork extensions first of their kind in record time, and did an incredible job!!!

He's a true machinist master, and you get what you pay for!!! No worries at all doing business with Tom...I've spent thousands without complaint!

L8R
Neil

I thought Neil was busting my chops when he told me that. He said on the phone "thanks for the Chinese stuff" I'm like what??? Yes thanks USPS. I tried to put in a claim and they said no. I really don't like to use them for to much unless I have to. The also lost a UFO seat I bought for a guy in Singapore and they said they lost it but never paid me the insurance money. So I had to buy a new one out of my pocket and then went with Fed-Ex.

Tom at COO

Back