VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vendetta

Reaction score
Done a few searches, but can't find what I'm looking for, so I'll ask. What is the cylinder arrangement and firing order on the max. I think rear left is one, front left is two, rear right is three, and front right is four, is this correct? I still have no idea of firing order.:confused2:

You are correct. Left rear is 1, Left front is 2, Right rear is 3 and Right front is 4. Firing order is:
1-3-2-4
In crank degrees its:

Cyl #1 fires, then crank rotates 180deg
Cyl #3 fires, then crank rotates 250deg
Cyl #2 fires, then crank rotates 180deg
Cyl #4 fires, then crank rotates 110deg
Cyl #1 fires(back at the start)

Maybe that'll help a bit?

You are correct. Left rear is 1, Left front is 2, Right rear is 3 and Right front is 4. Firing order is:
1-3-2-4
In crank degrees its:

Cyl #1 fires, then crank rotates 180deg
Cyl #3 fires, then crank rotates 250deg
Cyl #2 fires, then crank rotates 180deg
Cyl #4 fires, then crank rotates 110deg
Cyl #1 fires(back at the start)

Maybe that'll help a bit?

Wow, I need to take notes lol... Very useful for when I go to adjust the valves.

That diagram is a little decieving. Its showing each combustion process in the boxes with the diagnal lines. The combustion is shown to cover 180deg from when it that cyl is at tdc. Cyl #4 is not at BTC when cyl #1 fires, so their "combustion process" does infact overlap. On all other cyl's, they do not overlap, but since #1 fires just 110deg AFTER Cyl# 4, they must.

So you are right on both accounts. It is 110deg to the 720deg mark, and the combustion stroke is 180deg.

Latest posts

Back