Decided to keep my Supertrapps...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j2dawson

Reaction score
I've only had my Vmax for a couple weeks and initially had decided that I wanted to replace the Supertrapps that came on the bike with stock mufflers. Well, with my son's encouragement, I've decided that the Trapps aren't too loud after all. I'm really begining to like the sound of them.

Thanks to Matt (goatman) for selling me a complete stock exhaust at a reasonable price so I can still change my mind later, although the stockers have some holes drilled in the end, they are probably still quieter than the Trapps. I'm for sure going to change the front pipes as mine are rusty and missing a heat shield.

Sooo, everyone here was right, the Trapps are fine.

Now if I can get rid of my "only start with the clutch pulled" problem. I'll have a good start on this bike.

I've only had my Vmax for a couple weeks and initially had decided that I wanted to replace the Supertrapps that came on the bike with stock mufflers. Well, with my son's encouragement, I've decided that the Trapps aren't too loud after all. I'm really begining to like the sound of them.

Thanks to Matt (goatman) for selling me a complete stock exhaust at a reasonable price so I can still change my mind later, although the stockers have some holes drilled in the end, they are probably still quieter than the Trapps. I'm for sure going to change the front pipes as mine are rusty and missing a heat shield.

Sooo, everyone here was right, the Trapps are fine.

Now if I can get rid of my "only start with the clutch pulled" problem. I'll have a good start on this bike.

Methinks the Monkey may have a new target .

While the voting is still open , I'll add a vote for Trapps also...seeing I replaced my Cobras with them last month...:punk: Got a great deal and met a great seller in the process...:worthy:

While the voting is still open , I'll add a vote for Trapps also...seeing I replaced my Cobras with them last month...:punk: Got a great deal and met a great seller in the process...:worthy:

Talk about the differences you noted in your Cobras vs. Trapps exchange, would be valuable information for somebody considering either system.

Talk about the differences you noted in your Cobras vs. Trapps exchange, would be valuable information for somebody considering either system.

I have to put some seat time in before I could give an opinion on the Trapps . As far as removing the Cobras and installing the Trapps , 5 minutes for each job . Soon as I form some thoughts I'll post anything that might be helpful .

Back