Delivery Scheduled!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is 200 HP so hard to believe? in 1985 it made 145HP Do you really think its hard to make 55 more HP with an 1800 CC engine????
Lets see... hmmm 600 more CC, and 24 years later, its not hard to believe..
200 Crank HP through the tranny and driveshaft hmm say 175HP?

WAKE UP ! this isnt hard to see. Its coming:punk:

Why is 200 HP so hard to believe? in 1985 it made 145HP Do you really think its hard to make 55 more HP with an 1800 CC engine????
Lets see... hmmm 600 more CC, and 24 years later, its not hard to believe..
200 Crank HP through the tranny and driveshaft hmm say 175HP?

WAKE UP ! this isnt hard to see. Its coming:punk:

I'm not saying it is hard to believe, I'm saying the bike makers are avoiding that number for some reason. There is no reason the Busa or ZX aren't making 200+ HP from the factory, but they aren't pumping them out like that. I don't know if it is to keep Governments happy or political correctness... or whatever... but there is some reason they don't want to come out saying their bike makes 200 hp.

I have seen some pretty strong busa's with parts that won't pass noise and air emmissions and still not be over 200rwhp at the rear wheels. The manufacturers would make it put out that much if they could with all the restrictions they currently have on them.

Sean

the answer to your question is sales figures dudes.... the Busa is a top seller and as such its doing its job. you don't put more development time and cost into a product if its selling well, unless you see sales dip a bit or a competitors gives you some concerns.

and by the way the busa sells on top speed numbers...not bhp... the opposite of the typical vmax situation.

200 hp street bikes already exist. MvAgusta has one, ducati has one, aprilia is showing one, and these are all with less than 1300cc...but very high rev ranges. At the end of the day, 1800cc, v4, overhead cam, 4valve motors are capable of 200hp. yamaha has the balls to do it, but needs the traction control to work perfectly to feel comfortable with it.

Oh man, It finally dawned on me the day it is going to be due. 2 days after my birthday! I might have to go down and put a deposit down for my birthday!

Sean

Oh man, It finally dawned on me the day it is going to be due. 2 days after my birthday! I might have to go down and put a deposit down for my birthday!

Sean

As a fellow June 2nd B-day person, I second that motion. Already told my wife that would make a hell of a 40th birthday present.

Latest posts

Back