Delivery Scheduled!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJ RJ RJ

Reaction score
From starvmax forum:

A German dealer is confirming the arrival date of the first two VMaxes to their showroom.

"Mototcorner Wahl, GP - Wangen is claiming to have their first two bikes to arrive in mid November this year. That would match the typical rollout of Yamaha's next year bikes.
Given that magazines get to do their first test rides months before the actual show-up of the bikes, I'd expect we shall see a lot of news over the late summer/fall time, when more and more details will get released and test riders around the world will get to try out the new VMax."

Many thanks to Squeeze for forwarding the link!

http://www.vmaxxers.net/yabb/index.php?topic=16737.0

Re: Delivery Schedualed!!

Another Member from nothern Germany presented News from his Dealer.

1800 cc, 214 hp, variabel Valve Timing, 6-speed Tranny, but the 6th Gear as an Overdrive, Speedcutter at 260 km/h

Orders acepted since April

214 is that at the rear wheel or crank? Even if its at the crank that should = some where in the nieghborhood of 175-180 RWHP which will be sweet!! I hope to see it!!
I cant wait to stomp some Busas with the new VMAX I am tired of them.
I can smell some high 5's low 6's in the 1/8 mile next spring....:punk:

214 is that at the rear wheel or crank? Even if its at the crank that should = some where in the nieghborhood of 175-180 RWHP which will be sweet!! I hope to see it!!
I cant wait to stomp some Busas with the new VMAX I am tired of them.
I can smell some high 5's low 6's in the 1/8 mile next spring....:punk:
Not sure which (it was a copy/paste fom the starmax forum that RJ has a link to). As far as I am concerned it is all hearsay till it is actually on the showroom.

From starvmax forum:

A German dealer is confirming the arrival date of the first two VMaxes to their showroom.

"Mototcorner Wahl, GP - Wangen is claiming to have their first two bikes to arrive in mid November this year. That would match the typical rollout of Yamaha's next year bikes.
Given that magazines get to do their first test rides months before the actual show-up of the bikes, I'd expect we shall see a lot of news over the late summer/fall time, when more and more details will get released and test riders around the world will get to try out the new VMax."

Many thanks to Squeeze for forwarding the link!

http://www.vmaxxers.net/yabb/index.php?topic=16737.0

Guys,

I read the entire thread. Squeeze (Lutz) is a good friend of mine and posts often to the VMAXXERS list. However, I would post this under the "Believe it when I see it" column.

InterMOT, the worlds biggest motorcycle trade fair is this fall in Collogne (Koln). If it is to be in the dealerships in November then it WILL be at this fair. Again, I take this all with a handfull of skepticism.

just my $0.02

Yeah, when he said over 200 hp I knew the article was a hoax.

Well ...why would you think that? there have been many indications it will be 200 or more..... even the original vmax questionare web site suggested big power.... so id kind of accept that.... combined with the usual german precision in informations:eusa_dance:

i think there was a uk executive from yamaha who said if it wasnt over 200 then it would be a flop as a product....

It's possible, but why have that much for a cruiser? The faster hyper bikes have 180 horsepower max so if there is to be a 200 horsepower bike it would be with that type of bike.

I don't agree that under 200 horsies is a flop. Mine has 120 at the rear wheel which is enough for me to get into trouble...can't imagine 80 more horsepower...crazy!

Bite your tongue Mark!!!

If they are crazy enough to give us 200 hp I'll take it!

Not like we HAVE to use all 200 hp....hehehehehehe

:Devil:

It's possible, but why have that much for a cruiser? The faster hyper bikes have 180 horsepower max so if there is to be a 200 horsepower bike it would be with that type of bike.

I don't agree that under 200 horsies is a flop. Mine has 120 at the rear wheel which is enough for me to get into trouble...can't imagine 80 more horsepower...crazy!

I totally agree, Mark:punk:

With the B-King making over 160 at the rear wheel and probably at least 175 at the crank, it would be stupid to put out a V-Max with less. I still think the Max was delayed because Yamaha wanted to see what the B-King would do on the street and the marketplace. They would not want to be beat at their own game. Gives them a chance to upgrade the Max if needed. To me the B-King looks a lot like what an updated Max could have looked like. Certainly seems Suzuki was targeting the Max in designing the B-King.

Well ...why would you think that? there have been many indications it will be 200 or more..... even the original vmax questionare web site suggested big power.... so id kind of accept that.... combined with the usual german precision in informations:eusa_dance:

i think there was a uk executive from yamaha who said if it wasnt over 200 then it would be a flop as a product....

I'd be surprised if it was 200 or more HP. The bike makers are already getting a hard time from the places they sell bikes. Look how they were forced to put a speed limiter on their bikes and stop the "race" to 300 kph. There is no reason the Busa or ZX14 can't make 200 hp from the factory, but obviously the bike makers aren't doing that for a reason.

If they are talking HP at the crank then it will be more inline with the 165-185 RWHP bikes on the market today. Yamaha has historically used the HP at the crank when providing figures for their bikes, hence the 85 Vmax having 145 HP listed.

Bikes nowadays are pushing the limits the bike itself and the driver the way it is. Im sorry but I just cannot see any mid control bike coming out which will have more HP than a Busa, ZX14, ect, ect. That would be just pure insanity.

Even if the V-Max came out as "King" of HP I can guarantee you in this day and age it would be out gunned within a year. Thats even if the insurance companies would even insure the thing!

I have a feeling some people who are putting deposits on the Star Vmax ahead of time will be a bit disappointed when/if it even comes out.

Just my personal opinion..thats all !

If the "new"max even comes out resembling the B-king there in big trouble! It will be UGLY #2

If its along the lines as the Vrod,M109,Raider,Warrior but gobs of power they will be OK!

If the "new"max even comes out resembling the B-king there in big trouble! It will be UGLY #2

If its along the lines as the Vrod,M109,Raider,Warrior but gobs of power they will be OK!

i hope its NOT like those bikes which to me are harley clones.... id like it to stand on its own design and be different.

Back