Deposit placed - dealer can't tell me anything!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxdoc

Reaction score
Hey, all. I placed my deposit and order 1 month ago. I didn't get anything from the dealer except "We'll call when it get's here." He said I was the first to place an order and that he is glad someone did but he can't tell me anything about the status. I read where other's that have placed the order have been given videos and other items to tide them over. I was given no owner's video, no information on the number I am in line or anything that let's me know I have one coming. Is my dealer not handling the transaction correctly or is he just slow. Are most dealers running it like this? It's starting to worry me.:confused2:

Hey, all. I placed my deposit and order 1 month ago. I didn't get anything from the dealer except "We'll call when it get's here." He said I was the first to place an order and that he is glad someone did but he can't tell me anything about the status. I read where other's that have placed the order have been given videos and other items to tide them over. I was given no owner's video, no information on the number I am in line or anything that let's me know I have one coming. Is my dealer not handling the transaction correctly or is he just slow. Are most dealers running it like this? It's starting to worry me.:confused2:

If it were me, I'd be very suspect that the dealer knows wtf he's doing. I'd speak with the sales manager, and refuse to leave until you get your order confirmation number. In writing.

I put my deposit down a week ago and I was immediately given a claim number. That was all, no video or anything. I'm still waiting on a delivery date and it's making me a bit nervous. How long did it take for everyone else to get a delivery confirmation??

i dropped my deposit off 2 days after the unvale and got a reciept for the $1000.00 but nothing else. i was in there a few days ago looking at helmets and asked where my max was joking my sales guy was not there but the other guy said we only have one coming is it yours better be! i think some states and dealers dont get everything that others get.
Chris :ummm:

I put my deposit down and got my voucher/claim number straight away.
Still no owners pack/DVD just the flyer/brochure. My delivery is in Jan but no exact date for me yet or any other UK prospective owners I know of.

Were you given a delivery date the day you put your money down or did that come a day or week later?

I would ring Yamaha direct and demand some answers , as for the numbers on who is getting what and where they probably dont know themselves but thats not your fault , if that was me i would want to know when its arriving and hope its not 1 of the ones doing the publicity rounds as rumours have it theres only 1000 worldwide

For those who did not receive anything you have to ask your dealer for a "2009 vmax priority delivery claim form" This form gives you your 6 digit claim number.

For those who did not receive anything you have to ask your dealer for a "2009 vmax priority delivery claim form" This form gives you your 6 digit claim number.

I recieved my claim form with the 6 digit number right away. How long did it take them to find out your delivery date?

I have a claim number and form.... The dealer just recently called yamaha and got a delivery timeframe of January for my number.

Thanks, guys. Went back to my dealer today and he was able to give me a claim number and a planned delivery date of January. Can't wait that long!

Glad you guys brought this up. My dealer didn't really say much, just that he'd call when it got there. I may look into it a little further now.

My dealer is supposed to contact me (hopefully soon) with a delivery date then it will be hurry up and wait!!

Back