Did some work ala toyota yesterday...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostntheshell

Reaction score
The car? 1996 trercel SPORT (yes sport!! It came with a SWAY BAR! AND A SPOILER WORTH LIKE 50 HORSES).

It's a 2-door with a spoiler and a sway bar and they called it a sport :p It's also the ugliest green you could think of. Toyota calls it "seafoam green"

Anyways. It costs me nothing to drive, so I love it.

Swapped the following...

1.) New ATE slotted rotors
2.) Hawk Performance Pads
3.) New coated calipers (i did the coating)

4.) New rear drums (coated as well)
5.) Munroe Shoes
6.) Rebuild kit
7.) Re-packed old bearings
8.) New cone-style bearing (seized after 200 000kms. Water got in it)

7.) New fluid all around (the old was amazingly good).

The car feels like a million bucks now. It really does.
I was hearing the whine of the bearing - and the rear drums were grinding from the day I bought it ( there was like a bare sliver of pad left before metal.

It feels like it rides better and handles better.

Next on my list?

1.) Replace windsheild
2.) Replace section of the exhaust

Fun stuff :)
________
og kush pictures

Last edited:
My mustang makes 475 horse, or 400 more than your car and the stock brakes work fine, wy did you piss away money on hi po ones, actually, why do they even make hi po ones for that car?

Wow. Thanks for being a downer.

My stock ones had 200 000kms on them. It was about time they were replaced - with better stock premium pieces.

(1) The ATE slotted rotors are simply a premium brand offered here at the local auto store. They have slots in them. I actually got them on a great sale - making them the same price as regular rotors...

(2) The calipers were rebuilt. Cheap to buy - and I coated them myself with the spray bombs I had left over from my other cars. Drums were regular drums - which I also coated.

(3) Hawk Pads cost me about 15 bucks more than the premium pads - and work a heck of a lot better.

In total I spent around 250 bucks for a COMPLETE brake job.
I don't know about you, but that doesn't exactly amount to "pissing away" much cash for a car that I travel on a kingsway with average speeds around 130kmph 4 days a week.

I have used ATE and hawks on all my cars. Including a very sweet LS1 Trans Am that was quite "healthy" to boot.

It's all about doing what ya like... right? Not to mention saving a mint while getting better braking performance.
________
BMW M67

Last edited:
Dont worry mate , my Toyota Windom (lexus) a private jap import limited to 150mph and i can agree to that , half the horses of the stang but with all the creature comforts . Have had it 5 years and never had to top up the water or oil but its about as fuel efficent as the Max tho :punk:

Wow. Thanks for being a downer.

My stock ones had 200 000kms on them. It was about time they were replaced - with better stock premium pieces.

(1) The ATE slotted rotors are simply a premium brand offered here at the local auto store. They have slots in them. I actually got them on a great sale - making them the same price as regular rotors...

(2) The calipers were rebuilt. Cheap to buy - and I coated them myself with the spray bombs I had left over from my other cars. Drums were regular drums - which I also coated.

(3) Hawk Pads cost me about 15 bucks more than the premium pads - and work a heck of a lot better.

In total I spent around 250 bucks for a COMPLETE brake job.
I don't know about you, but that doesn't exactly amount to "pissing away" much cash for a car that I travel on a kingsway with average speeds around 130kmph 4 days a week.

I have used ATE and hawks on all my cars. Including a very sweet LS1 Trans Am that was quite "healthy" to boot.

It's all about doing what ya like... right? Not to mention saving a mint while getting better braking performance.
just ball busting, you should see what i do to the fart can, divingboard front spoiler, park bench rear wing guys at car shows.

My personal ***all time favorite piece of equipment*** EVER is the roof scoop on a front wheel, front engined honda civic.

Now THAT'S wasting some money.

As far as my Toyota goes though - it's been rock solid.

I really miss my LS1 - and I will have another someday.
________
ecigarette forum

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back