Different trike not a VMax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
An interesting design. Not mine, no one I know.

00404_hiOf0n5ieTb_600x450.jpg

FOR SALE IS AN AMAZING STREET LEGAL 2013 SCORPION P6. IT IS A CUSTOM BUILT TRIKE MADE BY A COMPANY CALLED SCORPION MOTORSPORTS. THIS TRIKE IS SO BAD ASS, IT WILL GET LOOKS EVERYWHERE YOU GO. I HAVE INSTALLED A SPEAKER SYSTEM AND LED LIGHTS THROUGHOUT THE BIKE. THE BIKE ONLY HAS 1,000 MILES SO EVERYTHING IS BRAND NEW. THE BIKE CAN SAFELY GO ON THE HIGHWAY AND REACH SPEEDS OF 120MPH. THE BIKE HAS A 600CC KAWASAKI ENGINE. MORE SPECIFICATION ARE LISTED BELOW IN THE PICTURE. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL OR EMAIL ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS, ANY TIME. I HAVE A CLEAN FL TITLE IN HAND, NO ACCIDENTS. (954) 383-0715

He wants $32K!

I've heard that kind of trike, two up front one wheel in back, or at least the Polaris Slingshot handle very oddly. Because the rear tire is centered and most roads have some contour it wants to track one way or the other. I've never driven one so don't have first hand experience but it made sense to me. They look fun as hell

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

I rode a Spyder at Thunder a few years ago. Sorry, but I found it to be the most evil handling thing I've ever ridden. Maybe 48 years (at the time) of motorcycle experience left me with too many 2wheel instincts, but I couldn't wait to get off of it. The only other time I was as anxious to get off a test bike was a Harley 883 Sportster at Americade back 15 years ago.

Google "Spyder burning in Johnstown" to see what happened to the machine I rode the day before... YouTube.

Thats cool as hell, lots of F1 inspired design it would appear. Gotta throw my name in the non-trike guys hat but very cool. It must be a kick this drive.

I'd drive it for the hell of it but wouldn't want to own one I don't think. I've never ridden a Spyder, Slingshot or any other trike or reverse trike. I was talking to the dude that sold me the FZ-10 and he said I wouldn't like it, for the same reasons Bill listed. He said that if you're used to the handling of a motorcycle then it'll frustrate you to drive a slingshot.

With that said though, that one above looks like it'd be fun!

Think of a steamroller. It hits everything in its path. Three tires to track, lots of road imperfections, and the drive wheel is riding on the crown of the lane.

I rode (maybe drove is a better word) a Can-Am spyder one time. I didnt like it. You sat up to high, and in a tight turn, instead of feeling planted, it felt like it wanted to throw me off.

I bet this one and the slingshot would be at least a little more stable than the can am being that you are sitting in it rather than on it.
I don't know why they didn't throw a another wheel in the rear and have a bad ass mini F1.

Ariel Atom. The first one was powered by a Yamaha literbike motor.
http://www.arielatom.com/
DSC_0002.JPG

I bet this one and the slingshot would be at least a little more stable than the can am being that you are sitting in it rather than on it.
I don't know why they didn't throw a another wheel in the rear and have a bad ass mini F1.

Back