Do you let people ride your 'Max?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lets put it this way - imagine 130rwhp and 200lbs lighter weight. The bike outruns the max like no other. Torque and HP are both higher completely across the range from idle up. The stock 1000 motor in the Fazer is almost as fast as a stock huyabusa!

Not much diff between the 700 and 750 but good to have both.

My 88 FZR1000 without the NOS ran 10.30's on street tire and no bar which was faster then most of the huyabusas racing that day. In the Fazer, when I move it over, it will be even faster since the bike is 40lbs lighter then the FZR. Of course there will be even more when I activate the NOS and get 60 more HP (dyno was 196 at rear wheel with NOS). I figure mid 9's are within reach if I can keep the front down.

Put FZR600 front and rear wheels/forks on it and you have better brakes then most, radial tires and lighter wheels yet. You can even get those parts for next to nothing.

Sean Morley

lets put it this way - imagine 130rwhp and 200lbs lighter weight. The bike outruns the max like no other. Torque and HP are both higher completely across the range from idle up. The stock 1000 motor in the Fazer is almost as fast as a stock huyabusa!

My 88 FZR1000 without the NOS ran 10.30's on street tire and no bar which was faster then most of the huyabusas racing that day. In the Fazer, when I move it over, it will be even faster since the bike is 40lbs lighter then the FZR. Of course there will be even more when I activate the NOS and get 60 more HP (dyno was 196 at rear wheel with NOS). I figure mid 9's are within reach if I can keep the front down.

Put FZR600 front and rear wheels/forks on it and you have better brakes then most, radial tires and lighter wheels yet. You can even get those parts for next to nothing.

Sean Morley

Sean,I got the 750,carbs and electronics for a steal.I have no doubt with a 1000 the bike will fly.They are pretty quick stock.I need to know if an exup topend is the same as a pre-exup 1000.I think it would be easier to find than a complete engine and carbs.

What year fzr 600 's are you talking about to get radials and the front end on?

When I say the bike feels like a moped to me I do not mean power wise,I mean mainly because of the foot peg location.

I have 2 of these bikes now and a 3rd motor.My second fazer is pretty bad so it should be a good candidate to make into a bigbore.

Yah,Its definatley me too!

HAHAHA!!!!! No joke, Mr. Running with scissors!!!

You know, it's really neat to have a bunch of intellectuals on a forum, but it's also really cool to have a bunch of "kids at heart" on here too. I'm 36 but I act like a kid a lot too. Life's too short to be serious all the damned time. :)

BTW, back to the original thread question...... The only guy I've let on mine at this point is my best friend Jason. Like a few of you've said, not only do I trust him to take care of any accidental damage, but when I'm on his bike, we both have a vested interest at stake.

I've turned down a number of others though to be sure.

Hope everyone's having a good day so far.

Well, my bike came back today with no new scratches, dents, or missing parts. And I did the same. I guess he was fairly impressed with it, But he still wants an FZ-1 instead.

Sean Morley

Sean,Last week I bought a set of FZR 600 wheels with rotors,axles,spacers and cush drive for $75 and even got the cool brake arm and rear brake bracket. 16" front and 18" rear.Today I bought the exact same things on ebay for $30.Waiting to hear on the combined shipping though.

Only my brother. And I was riding his Kawasaki H1 (that's the 500cc 2-stroke triple from the early 1970s) and his is ported and running expansion chambers -- a truly terrifying bike.

As for the original post. I also learned to ride on a Honda Trail 90, in 1969! It had a automatic clutch and a four speed (all gears down) and put out a massive 6 hp. Top speed down a STEEP hill was 52 mph.

Yep. That's good training for a V-Max :surprise:

Only my brother. And I was riding his Kawasaki H1 (that's the 500cc 2-stroke triple from the early 1970s) and his is ported and running expansion chambers -- a truly terrifying bike.

As for the original post. I also learned to ride on a Honda Trail 90, in 1969! It had a automatic clutch and a four speed (all gears down) and put out a massive 6 hp. Top speed down a STEEP hill was 52 mph.

I have the 72 H2 750 2 stroke and a spare engine.This was my last streetbike before my Vmax.Just like riding a 250 motocross bike only way bader.Wheelie machine.I put a crank bearing out of it and its waiting for me to do a frame up resto.A very exciting bike but not much for long trips.I plan on modifying mine with a sportbike front end and wheels.Disc brakes ,stretched and lowered.They are getting up to 210hp now out of these with porting,adding reed cages,38mm carbs and Tomcat pipes.Can't wait!

Wow that brings back memories for me...
I had a honda trail 90,That's the bike i started on. I used to wind mine up too!:moped2:

Normally no-one BUT?.

Went to a birthday party this afternoon at the parents of my future son-in-law. Five of the guys there were Harley Diehards and the 1 of 5 asked if he could start the max up.

I thought, ?This will be good?.

?Sure, key is in it?

So he hops on and starts it up. ?Oh I like the sound of that? he said and then unannounced, launches down the driveway, up the road and disappears around the corner without the boost ever cutting in.

I turned to number 2 of 5 and said ?Oh, I forgot to tell him about the boost?

Next, we hear him open it up and boost it (not for long because he quickly ran out of road. Half a minute later, he?s riding up the driveway with a big grin on his face.

?F? me, I like this bike. F? it goes.?

Next, 2 of five does the same (a bit less aggressively) followed by 3 of 5.

4 of 5 and 5 of 5 declined the chance to understand why I can?t get excited about their V-twins.

So we are walking back inside and 1 of 5 turns and says, ?Hey you sneaky bastard, you told me that your bike was stock. What have you done to it??

?Nothing mate, the motor is stock.? I said.

?Youurrrr f??g kidding! F?. me that thing pulls,? he says, shaking his head.

1988 V-max bought last summer $6,000 Australian Dollars.
Tyres, rims and boost controller $3,000 Australian Dollars.
The look on those guys faces ? PRICELESS.

Attachments

• sept07.jpg
    sept07.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I have swapped with a friend once, but I deffinitely wouldn't let someone I didn't know ride my bike. They're not toys; someone could get hurt or seriously killed.

I pretty much let anyone I know can ride a motorcycle drive mine. I get a kick out the huge grin on their face when we swap back. Especially the big Harley cruiser guys. Even the sportbike guys are stoked by this little thing called Torque.

Then again my max isn't some pristine showbike either, its a toy, and mommy taught me to share my toys.

Last edited:
our avatars are way too small (profile pic). can barely make out rattheroachs sigs. Anyway they can be a bit bigger?

I thought PCW tuned it hence the 175 figure. It was in the local shop right near me getting prepped to be included in the Cycle World show as a custom build. He got a bigger rad and oil cooler but it was out being anodized.Also putting more LEDS around the body work and inside the VGAS carb stacks. Don't think he's done any additional tuning (shop does'nt have a dyno)

Is it necessary to have BOTH a bigger rad and oil cooler on a 1500? I'm toying with the idea of getting the tourmaster but may wait for the new max or something else

The 1570's that I saw were closer to 225 hp.Cliff bought the pcw over sized exhaust(blue).I know he still has the 39mm vgas carbs.Not sure if he did the porting and cams?

I thought at thunder he had said it was way out of tune.

Back