Don't blast me

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vboost, what is that????? Oh yeah, that was part of what I removed when I went to flat slides LOL!!!!! A quick check to make sure it is firing on all four cylinders is a good idea, and I would also check to make sure the front plug wires are connected to the proper coil. Have seen guys forget that the wires go to the cylinder on the opposite side from the coil, only on the front, and have performance issues. Actually bike would run like garbage and would think it would be easily noticed.

I have owned two V-Maxes and noticed that the V-Boost hit on both varied occasionally. Wonder if the linkages can stick or if there are other factors that can influence the effect?

I would never let my friend on a vwax a yz125 was to much for him I rember him hanging off the back with him hanging on with just his hands .If he ever got on a max he would meet crist.

HI Brad,

I also have a Valkyrie---- Hope you put the interstate carb. vacume springs----- the effect is kind of like a functioning v-boost but from idle up.
My Valk Tourer is a big girl. With so much low end torque ( 98 pound feet) it launches hard. With the barn door of a windscreen off and a small fly screen it pulls right up to 120+.

Are you on the Valkyrie-Owners Forum???

Lew

Last edited:
Everything is working. I guess the "kick in the gut" is different for each person..

The vboost opens fully above 6k I guess my expectations were a little high

I am on the valkyrieforum.com forum as well.

Do tell about the carb spring mod?

Thanks

Brad

Everything is working. I guess the "kick in the gut" is different for each person..

The vboost opens fully above 6k I guess my expectations were a little high

I am on the valkyrieforum.com forum as well.

Do tell about the carb spring mod?

Thanks

Brad

what"s your elevation? If you go up in rpm slowly, is there a noticable difference in how fast your RPMs rise when you hit ruffly 6 K and up. When mine hits 6K, the RPMs rise much, much faster. How big of a guy are you? that could possibly make a difference to.

In regards to vboost.. I got my vmax last may and rode all summer into fall. The boost was nice but even for a new rider like me, I wasn't blown away by it. Fast forward to two weeks ago from today. .

I went out for a ride, first one of the year, went into boost and I was floored! My max never pulled that hard before! I dont know if it was the cooler air or what, but dang! Just strange to me becuase I was out in late fall with colder air and i dont remember it pulling that hard before. But whatev.. no complaints here! I love my max and the boost!

Yeah....I've always looked forward to the first ride of the year (coming soon here) after getting out of the car from all winter......It always feels so powerful in comparison......most bikes that is generally speaking....then it's just average soon after....

For all practical purposes I am at sea level.

I am on the list for the "traveling shim kit". Maybe the valves are not quite right....

I am 6'5 225

Thanks

Brad

Hi Brad,

The spring swap is easy. Honda put stiffer springs in the Tourer to slow throttle response a bit. The springs from the Interstate modle make the vacume controlled slides more responsive.
Just do a search on the Valkyrie board for more info on where to purchase the springs.

Lew

Back