Drag Race bike project, gen II

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally the mechanical throttle linkage is installed
Todd can I ask was there something wrong with the factory throttle linkage that you wanted to use this mechanical linkage. Was just wondering and looking forward to the time that you chaindrive it to

This setup eliminates the throttle by wire where the computer controls the amount of throttle. In the OEM setup the ratio of throttle to actual opening is 50%. Now he can get 100% at any time. He could have simiplified it even more and simply done a set of FBG Lectron Carbs and saved a ton of money and trying to deal with setting up the fuel injection.

Not %50, more like 43% under 6500 1st 2nd gear, then "optimized" for best "power"...
This is one of the benefits of Tim Nashes reflash. He has gone in and optimized all the parameters throughout the rpm range.
DOn't think he will benefit much as when racing you are over @8000 all but the launch... Which requires @ 2500 rpm launch for best 60'

I have tried all rpms from 8000 to 2000, anything above 3000 just does not work for me.

I wanted to switch to a fully programmable ECU supporting E85 and a forced induction.
KMS MD35 includes everything you can dream plus a reasonable pricing.

Indeed, any turbo/supercharger will greatly benefit from injection and the way to go by far. But, if you were staying N/A I would say the Lectrons would do it better hands down.

A forced induction is my enthuasm and comfort zone, but need to learn V-Max at first.
By now I have learned that availability of racing parts is Zero. Nothing new to me because i haven't been four in line-builder.

Many of you have been asking to buy excessive parts of the project by PM.
Yes, I will sell all of them.

Unfortunately at he moment I do not have time to price set, deal and sent them one by one. I will do it in July when I'll be on holiday. You can sent me a PM if you have something you thing I'm not using at the track. The bike is undriven but very early gen II unit.

Gentlemen, you should advice a newbie with a V-Max racing parts available!?
Google doesn't know everything like my wife does.

I would like to stress that many of these parts aren't ideal for a street ridden bike that sees a lot more pressure's, weights, and stresses from daily riding.

Sean don't worry, they will find out when there engine starts dragging the asphalt and is destroyed.

I understand the concept but some parts are better left alone, just my 2 cts. But I understand and look forward to the finish product.

I am just wondering why if there is no time to make more parts why can't the cad info be shared, we all know that someone has that info.

Pleeeeaaasssseeee

Did some wiring.
ECU and electronic is a packet around the battery wich can be taken out <5 min.
It is also 5kg lighter than s stock wiring.

Back