Dummy of the day...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naughtyG

Reaction score
... who, in his infinite wisdom, managed to misplace two of the Pilot Air Jet #1 (#90) during the carb rebuild I just finished. :damn angry:

The parts I needed arrived today, and, having just finished putting everything back together, I was about to put the airbox back on when I noticed my two left carbs are missing their PAJ1 :bang head::bang head::bang head:
Thing is, I don't even remember removing them :ummm::ummm:

EDIT - found them :)

Last edited:
Well, I had a good look around the back of the house where I did the carb cleaning and actually managed to find BOTH!!! One next to the bbq where I used the carb cleaner, and one at the bottom of the stairs next to where we park the car. Must have been walking past / over them for the last 4-5 days.. DOH!

But phew! I got them, put everything back together and fired it up. It runs sooooo well now :)

But, those Dale Walker slip-ons may be a little loud.. They look like Jardine RT-One slip-ons, but either the packing's shot or they may be different. I'll see when I get to ride it tomorrow.

I have Dale's re-badged Hindle 4 - 1 system, and it wasn't a bad job at all to slide the can off and wrap some 4-stroke muffler packing around the baffle.....not sure how your slip on is made but maybe an option for ya. Probly find the packing at a 4-wheeler shop.

Good find on the #90 jets :clapping:.....but I gotta ask G, if you did a proper job of cleaning wouldn't those jets glisten like little nuggets of gold? :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

You gotta stop multi-tasking NG! Everyone knows you can't clean carbs and BBQ at the same time ;)

You should be lighting a votive candle & offering a prayer to St. Jude for those finds!

good to hear you found them and bike running well......

maybe danny is onto something......hows your gold hunting skills lately :biglaugh:

Sounds like my "Every Day Adventures" G.... If things aren't Really Big, 99% chance I'll misplace them.:bang head::bang head::bang head:

Hey, I left the carb slide spring out of one carb years ago (In the late 90's). Couldn't figure out why the bike was not running right. Just a little sluggish. After a few days, I found the spring on the garage floor. It appears it had sprung off while assembling and I had later backed over it on my Max which sent it into a corner. It was toast. Fortunately a friend who was a dealer mechanic had an extra spring. Only charged me $10 for it... :biglaugh:

Hey, I left the carb slide spring out of one carb years ago (In the late 90's). Couldn't figure out why the bike was not running right. Just a little sluggish. After a few days, I found the spring on the garage floor. It appears it had sprung off while assembling and I had later backed over it on my Max which sent it into a corner. It was toast. Fortunately a friend who was a dealer mechanic had an extra spring. Only charged me $10 for it... :biglaugh:

That's funny! Talk about being so excited while rebuilding my carbs yesterday - before I finally found the two forgotten PAJs, while putting the carbs together I managed to:

- leave the spring out of one carb slide
- leave a main jet out of another
- put all the pieces of carbs 2 in carb 1, then of 3 in 2, before starting again..
- spend over 10mns trying to get the last diaphragm in place, those fuckers shrink when you leave 'em out for a few days!

But the PAJs have to take the biscuit, and no Dan-o, they weren't even that clean or shiny, it was a total fluke I found them both again, especially since I took all that stuff out almost a week ago! :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back