dyna 3000 help!!!!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAX1260

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a v-max tha last 6 years, the guy who sold me told me it is 1986 model, as i am a v-max lover, i was pretty sure that the bike was 1986 year because of the first generation rims, which yamaha replaced the 1988 , 2 pot front callipers, i recently bought a dyna 3000 and when i tried to install it i got a litle confused. i took out my old cdi and placed dyna 3000 d3k7-7 connected the plugs. there are 2 wires , one red/white and one white. which i had to connect to the vboost sensor as the instruction say's. the instruction also says that the plug on the vboost sensor if it earlier year there should be a red/white wire or if it is later 90 there should be a red/black wire. mine is a red / black wire, how can this be.... have i followed the isntructions well ? is the vboost sensor where i have to connect the 2 wires? or i am looking in the wrong direction, how can check what model is my bike my original cdi is a hitachi tid 14-93 3jp-00 if it helps, i need help,

I don't think you need to do anything with those wires from the DYNA. The red/white wire should be for the clutch switch to activate the two-step rev limiter and I can't remember what the white wire is for, but I'll let you know when I find out.
Jeff

O.k. found it here:
http://www.dynaonline.com/skins/downloads/instruct/D3K7-7.pdf

When the white wire is grounded it will retard the ignition an additional 8 degrees.

All you need to do is plug in the two connectors to your harness and adjust your dip switches for your advance & rev limiter then ride!

Those wires do NOT need to be connected. By the way I will be in Athens for a visit this October

how can check what model is my bike my original cdi is a hitachi tid 14-93 3jp-00 if it helps, i need help,

Not sure about bikes sold outside the USA but do you have a sticker on the side of your steering head that has the manufacturing info on it??

you all say that if i dont connect the 2 wires, it will work??? if it should work then i bought the wrong year. i need 90 and on. i already put it in ebay for sale so i can get the d3k7-6. thanks guys

Hi there. I have 1986 yamaha vmax 1200. I have bought dynatek d3k7-7. It starts and works good but I cannot how to plug vboost. can you help me? Thank you from Tbilisi, Georgia

The dyna will not control the vboost. We sell an ignitech that can do that but it's the only CDI that can. You should be able to run the vboost with the stock vboost control box (located under the left scoop).

Back