Earthquake

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1st Shirt Maxer

Reaction score
We just had an earthquake here on Guam. Initial reports showed a 7.1 and 15 minutes afterward everything was back to normal. we had no damage on base and minimal reported damage on island. its amazing because the last time I heard about a 7. anything in California, half the damn city was in ruins.

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant

That's pretty strong and should have some smaller aftershocks soon too.

Make sure your Max is on its center stand and nothing can fall it!

I've heard of some CA guys who use straps from the ceiling to keep their bikes upright in the event of a 'quake. I think being on the centerstand may not be enough protection, perhaps w/a front wheel chock?

Make sure your Max is on its center stand and nothing can fall it!

not a lot of damage on the island, we didnt even have any pictures on the walls fall. i think because the ground here is made of coral and volcanic rock, super dense the earthquake was mutted a bit. never did feel any aftershocks but was waiting on them. since all the buildings on base and around the island are either concrete block filled with concrete or poured concrete walls, it takes a lot to damage these places. the construction my guys do is rated at 175mph winds so they can withstand a super typhoon. that is the air force code they build to here on the island.

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant

Good to hear all is good there....

We just had an earthquake here on Guam. Initial reports showed a 7.1 and 15 minutes afterward everything was back to normal. we had no damage on base and minimal reported damage on island. its amazing because the last time I heard about a 7. anything in California, half the damn city was in ruins.

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant

Latest posts

Back