ebay question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yip I will do tomorrow:biglaugh: they are closed and they are on PSTime
kinda fishy with the pic not matching the desription.
There is the same mirrors showing the chrome on ebay as well but the seller is in Hong Kong. I'm a little scared to go that route too. It's just 8 dollars more for the shipping:confused2:

I have basically the ones but in black.
I like em, even though I down sized to only on the right side. There pretty adjustable too. But you need to keep a number 4 & 6 allen wrenches with you. I kept em slightly loser than "tight" so I could adjust on the move but sometimes they loosen up on you.
Also, when I took the left side off the inner spreader part( forgot what its called) wouldnt come out so I had to unscrew all the way and leave it in the bars.

Good mirrors though.

I have much more expensive (and nicer) available that has the same looks, and a different set in a medium price range.

:worthy:I know you have some sweet mirrors as well Sean but I am stretching my pennies at the moment lol
the pic below is the look I am after and as big and fat as I am maybe I will be able to see around myself better with these:rofl_200:
that vmax in the pic is sweet all the way around:clapping:can't remember your name but you have done well building that one!!

Attachments

• DSC_0095.jpg
    DSC_0095.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 17
ALWAYS go by what the picture shows. What you see is what you get.

I had tried bar-end mirrors on an older bike and didn't like them, put the original "stalk" ones back on. They looked kind of cool but for function they were worthless. Always moving around, and vibrated just enough to make them useless(while the original mirrors didn't vibrate at all...go figure).

ALWAYS go by what the picture shows. What you see is what you get.

I had tried bar-end mirrors on an older bike and didn't like them, put the original "stalk" ones back on. They looked kind of cool but for function they were worthless. Always moving around, and vibrated just enough to make them useless(while the original mirrors didn't vibrate at all...go figure).

thats the same gutt feeling I have as well:rofl_200: guess thats why I brought it up. All this to try and save a buck:bang head:
as far as vibe I thick headed enough to try it and learn my lesson the hard way but dang I like that look:rofl_200:

I have the mirrors your looking at....they work fine....unless your built like a pipecleaner....you'll be staring at your shoulders with stalk mirrors....

-MK

I have the mirrors your looking at....they work fine....unless your built like a pipecleaner....you'll be staring at your shoulders with stalk mirrors....

-MK

That is good news :eusa_dance: maybe the drag bars is the trick to get away from vibe. Thanks for the input:clapping: thats 2 to 1 for the good:punk:

The trick with the stock mirrors is to look under your arms lol.

Sean

I have the Python handlebar...guess it's 2" wider than stock. I don't know what brand/model my mirrors are, other than they're not stock. Stalk is shorter, closer to the bar. I get a great view from them...can just see the "joe rocket" patch on the shoulder of my jacket but that's it. I remember the old Zooky GS all the mirrors did was give you a great view of either the ditch or your shoulder.

I have them on both my bikes and personally i think they are one of the best mods, cheap and give the bike a whole new attitude.
I don't really like the puppy dog ear mirrors at all in looks and I was sick and tired of admiring my shoulders all the time.
The bar end mirrors don't vibrate on mine and they give a decent view behind me
for a change.

I have them on both my bikes and personally i think they are one of the best mods, cheap and give the bike a whole new attitude.
I don't really like the puppy dog ear mirrors at all in looks and I was sick and tired of admiring my shoulders all the time.
The bar end mirrors don't vibrate on mine and they give a decent view behind me
for a change.

Thanks jedi :punk: I look forward to putting them on.

Here's a side question hopefully everyone will catch. Once I remove my stock mirrors I want to put a chrome cap over the hole. And like on bolts with allen heads and such to dress it up a bit.
Where can I find this type of chrome caps:ummm:

not sure on chrome, but there are black ones that yamaha makes for a few different master cylinders b/c they re-use them (for example on sport bikes) that don't have mirrors mounted on the masters.

My masters are black so I just went to the local hardware store and bought a couple black plastic plugs to put in the holes. They were around 25 cents each. I think they look better than the OEM yamaha rubber plug. They are much less noticeable.

If your set on chrome caps, tons of places sell them, like here: http://www.hottoppers.com/home.asp

Not sure if there is a chrome cap that can be installed without a bolt being there though. Possibly, but I've never seen it. I was debating on buying black bolt caps but then realized I would need a left had thread bolt for one side. Then I though I could just put a long bolt in there that was a smaller diameter and put a nut on the bottom and cap the top. I didn't want to do that so I did the 50 cent fix.

My masters are black so I just went to the local hardware store and bought a couple black plastic plugs to put in the holes. They were around 25 cents each. I think they look better than the OEM yamaha rubber plug. They are much less noticeable.

If your set on chrome caps, tons of places sell them, like here: http://www.hottoppers.com/home.asp

Not sure if there is a chrome cap that can be installed without a bolt being there though. Possibly, but I've never seen it. I was debating on buying black bolt caps but then realized I would need a left had thread bolt for one side. Then I though I could just put a long bolt in there that was a smaller diameter and put a nut on the bottom and cap the top. I didn't want to do that so I did the 50 cent fix.

That's exactly what I am looking for!! Thanks:clapping: and the black plastic plug sounds good as well

Back