Ebay transaction advice please

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are out of Ohio.

Also:
"eBay requires a minimum 10 day waiting period after a transaction closes before the Item not received process can be started. This is to allow the seller sufficient time to receive and clear payment, pack and ship the item, and address buyer questions and concerns.

According to our records, this transaction closed on Sep-07-2008, so you will not be able to open a dispute until after Sep-17-2008"

Well, Pinwall answers your emails consistently a week late.

First, every email you send them has an auto-reply saying "be advised that this email box receives thousands of messages per day...." - so they basically tell you to forget any kind of timely reply.

Next they said we'll schedule a pickup and send you some more coils.

Then they send me an email message saying to disregard the last message because the coils they were about to send me also had cracks in them.

Now they say just send them back but they don't specify how.

They allow you to call them on your own dime.

So I'm really frustrated with them. They listed another set of coils, eBay item: 370088710960, but again they fail to say if they are cracked or not. Nor do they test them and provide ohms readings.

To be fair to them, they *have* made some attempts to fix the problem but they haven't fixed anything.

I guess I have to say that if any of you sell electrical parts on eBay, please test them first (besides just saying "came from a running bike"), which would be helpful. I've seen people do that with ign. coils before.

I also have to say that Pinwall mostly just breaks it and boxes it. They don't test. They don't clean. They really don't give a crap. Yes I have bought from them before but it's hit or miss with them. Not going to matter if it's cracked, rusty, or broken. They yank it off the bike and have some minimum wage employee put a few low-res photos inside a lame template web page and upload it to eBay. Pretty much one description fits all....

I'm sure some of you have had good experiences with them and have probably gotten decent parts from them. But their service is 50/50 at best, IMO.

Back