Ebay transaction advice please

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shuriken

Reaction score
Won the recent auction for 2001 VMax ignition coils from Pinwall Cycle Parts. I don't recall seeing or reading about any damage. They showed up today and 3 of the 4 have cracks along the underside.

Seems like eBay has changed so that the seller of the part can't leave negative feedback for a seller, right? They got my money for parts they represented as good parts, but I have issues.

I haven't tested them (resistance) yet. If they are within spec, even with the cracks, should I use them? My existing coils are not cracked but are much older.

Should I worry about the cracks? Send the coils back? Leave negative feedback? Haggle with the seller?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ame=STRK:MEWNX:IT&viewitem=&item=370083074938

Send them an email and give them a chance to rectify the problem first, but it doesn't look good looking at the Sellers Return Policy in the ad.

Good Luck

Mike

My rear coils on my 02 are cracked... I'm running it with nitrous on the track.. and beating it on the road... not problems yet, but I hate to know that they are cracked! I would contact them as suggested earlier and maybe you can get some $$$ back.. They should have listed that they are cracked.... unless the pictures showed it.

Good luck!

Ask them if they will refund part of the money at a minimum. You can still use them. Full in the cracks with silicon to keep water out.

Sean

Won the recent auction for 2001 VMax ignition coils from Pinwall Cycle Parts. I don't recall seeing or reading about any damage. They showed up today and 3 of the 4 have cracks along the underside.

Seems like eBay has changed so that the seller of the part can't leave negative feedback for a seller, right? They got my money for parts they represented as good parts, but I have issues.

I haven't tested them (resistance) yet. If they are within spec, even with the cracks, should I use them? My existing coils are not cracked but are much older.

Should I worry about the cracks? Send the coils back? Leave negative feedback? Haggle with the seller?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ame=STRK:MEWNX:IT&viewitem=&item=370083074938

I believe the buyer can leave negative feedback but the seller can not.

FWIW, I got a set of coils and wires from them- same thing, small cracks on two. not shown in auction. was I miffed? yah, I was. but I have gotten allot of stuff from PinWall. I don't think they were trying to hide anything though. coils tested out in stock specks, and for $45 they were much better than what I had

It is not at all unusual for the coils to have some surface cracks on them as I believe you are saying in that location. If you want new coils buy them new and pay the price. If they sell you defective coils,ie: not working, then you have a bitch. Dave # 3505 VMOA

If you want new coils buy them new and pay the price. If they sell you defective coils,ie: not working, then you have a bitch. Dave # 3505 VMOA

when one doesn't get what was advertised, or full disclosure isn't made -new or used- we darn sure do have a right to bitch. not like it was a gift. this was a professional transaction from a regular "store front" motorcycle shop. They also happen to sell on eBay.

Thanks for the tips, guys. I sent a message describing the problem and asked them what they are willing to do about it. I don't expect a reply but we'll see.

"This is my second attempt to contact you regarding item 370083074938. The coils you sent me are damaged; 3 out of 4 of them are cracked along the bottom of each coil. What are you willing to do to rectify this problem? These damages were not disclosed at auction time. Had these damages been disclosed, I would not have bid on the item. Please respond."

I have had a lot of trouble contacting them myself and have bought a few things from them. If you want to get thier attention then you can file a dispute with ebay and they will respond pretty quickly (so they don't lose their ebay account).

Sean

Thanks for the info. Hate to go that route but might. I have purchased a lot of stuff from Pinwall before. Typically they don't put any thought into describing things, they just pull it, picture it, and sell it. I don't want cracked coils, though.

Anyway, I think I have no choice. I paid them, and I thought I recalled that eBay changed things so that the seller cannot leave negative feedback. If this is true, I will open a dispute.

I've dealt with them on several items and not had any problems. Rather pricey for their stuff but never has issues.
Usually they have a description of the items stating any known defects- eg, scuffed, worn, broken tab etc etc. If your item said nothing about the cracks,
then ask for a return or refund as suggested.
You can leave neg feedback on them and let everyone know the situation if not resolved but they cannot leave you a neg.
I might be in the minority but I actually agree with the new ebay policy after I had been shafted in the past by a big name seller.

Thanks for the info. Hate to go that route but might. I have purchased a lot of stuff from Pinwall before. Typically they don't put any thought into describing things, they just pull it, picture it, and sell it. I don't want cracked coils, though.

Anyway, I think I have no choice. I paid them, and I thought I recalled that eBay changed things so that the seller cannot leave negative feedback. If this is true, I will open a dispute.

That's the way I read it, 'seller cannot leave neg. feedback.'

"This is my second attempt to contact you regarding item 370083074938. The coils you sent me are damaged; 3 out of 4 of them are cracked along the bottom of each coil. What are you willing to do to rectify this problem? These damages were not disclosed at auction time. Had these damages been disclosed, I would not have bid on the item. Please respond."

What about sending them an e mail telling them of good past transactions you've had, that you hate to ruin a good relationship by leaving neg feedback or filing a dispute but they are leaving you no choice by not responding.

Might get them to respond. FWIW

Typically they don't put any thought into describing things, they just pull it, picture it, and sell it. I don't want cracked coils, though.

The ads I see are usually like this,

Attachments

• pin.jpg
    pin.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 16
Definitely good advice to tell them of the positives I have had with them. Cracks are major problems if you ask me. I would not have bid had I known that. Even my 85 coils are not cracked. Somehow the 2001 coils I got, are. Easy to see with a cursory 30 second glance.

Definitely good advice to tell them of the positives I have had with them. Cracks are major problems if you ask me. I would not have bid had I known that. Even my 85 coils are not cracked. Somehow the 2001 coils I got, are. Easy to see with a cursory 30 second glance.

Don't blame you a bit for not wanting cracked coils. Just thinking, though, is Pinwall located in Texas, or maybe was affected by Ike?

Back