Engine Ice

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used something similar back in the day called Water Wetter. I am honestly not sure how similar they are, but I didn't notice that big of a difference. At the same time I didnt have cooling problems and wasn't as informed that high heat motors make more power ( ie that they are operating more efficiently ) , in most cases.

Now if you have an overheating issue, then whatever is causing that issue should be figured out instead of using a band aid to fix it. But generally this type of product is WAY better than regular coolants are as far as corrosion resistance.

Todd

I have used something similar back in the day called Water Wetter. I am honestly not sure how similar they are, but I didn't notice that big of a difference. At the same time I didnt have cooling problems and wasn't as informed that high heat motors make more power ( ie that they are operating more efficiently ) , in most cases.

Now if you have an overheating issue, then whatever is causing that issue should be figured out instead of using a band aid to fix it. But generally this type of product is WAY better than regular coolants are as far as corrosion resistance.

Todd

I dont have heating problems....but in Oklahoma it can get 105 -110. So basically looking for any EXTRA help that I can give it.

I've always used a 50-50 mix, (Yamaha spec.)and have never had any overheating problems, but what do others use, especially those in hot climates?
A higher ratio of water to coolant will provide better cooling properties, but at what point would you be compromising anti-corrosive requirements? How would you determine this?
Cheers!

I have used Redline's Water Wetter for years. Water Wetter works well. Years ago I had an M Motor in a BMW 2002 using the factory 2002 radiator. The Water Wetter boosted the cooling system efficiency enough to keep that motor cool and happy on August Track Days in Texas.

I've currently got Water Wetter and distilled water cooling my Max. It's TX, so I forgo the antifreeze stuff entirely.

I've used it for years. Expensive stuff but I've never had any overheating issues and it seems to keep everything nice and clean.

Dale

Put it in last year with mine.. no problems here! Didnt pay attention to temps tho. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I put it in one of my bikes when I was in Houston. Nothing blew up, and I left it in there when I sold it. I guess it worked.

I run water wetter and engine ice in a 1540 high compression 13:1 motor with stock cooling system and have seen no need to make cooling improvements like some said I would with that engine so I'd say it works.
It definitely won't hurt at minimum.

I don't use Engine Ice after I saw a lot of particulate matter settled at the bottom of the last container I bought. I went back to Toyota Red and added Royal Purple coolant additive.

Water wetter works pretty decent, it has alot of corrosion inhibitors so I usually run the water wetter and distilled water.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Todd

Bang on the money.
The temperature of the coolant will be controlled by the thermostat which moderates flow through the radiator.
Assuming that your cooling system is in good order and assuming that these 'coolant enhancers' work and do reduce the temperature the thermostat would close a little to compensate.

Net result would be zero change.

The only issue that I have with Todd's comment is regarding the corrosion resistance.
A 50/ 50 mix of a good quality anti-freeze/ corrosion inhibitor will give your motor all the protection it needs.

I've always used a 50-50 mix, (Yamaha spec.)and have never had any overheating problems, but what do others use, especially those in hot climates?
A higher ratio of water to coolant will provide better cooling properties, but at what point would you be compromising anti-corrosive requirements? How would you determine this?
Cheers!
+1 Miles, water is the best coolant. The pump seals like the lubrication of the anti-freeze though. Plus like you said, anti corrosive is important. Every year I flush with a little bit of viniger and water then new long life 50/50. Probably only needed every 2 or 3 years. If I lived in a hot climate? More water for sure. Maybe some water wetter this next flush. I run under the black dot on the older gauges. My fan is set to run a lot.

I replaced my fan sending unit with one listed on VmaxOutlaw about 5-6 years ago. I had my bike puking on a regular. If I am correct the sending unit listed on their site will have you fan come on just a little bit earlier than the stock sending unit. Only issue I noticed was I had to redo the wire connections. I think the sending unit was under $30.

Back