Evaporust results

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyg-5386

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

The rust in my xs1100 tank was starting to bug me so I used 1 gal of evaporust and flipped the tank every 8 hours. There is still a tiny bit of rust on top probably because the 1 gal was not enough to submerge that 1 part no matter how I flipped the tank. Overall I am pleased with the results and would recommend this product. Thank you to the members who suggested it.

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 31
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 32
Question I have: Is the rust that is still there dead or can it begin to spread?

Another question: Would a better job been done if you added a 'grinder' to the mix. Say a tube of bb's. Something that would maybe help to remove the hardest to get rust.

Question I have: is the rust that is still there dead or can it begin to spread?

Another question: Would a better job been done if you added a 'grinder' to the mix. Say a tube of bb's. Something that would maybe help to remove the hardest to get rust.

I did this with sheet metal screws... may work with bbs too. I jacked up my 4 wheeler and racket striped my gas tank to the wheel.. turned the idle up just enough to start making the rear tire move worked awesome! Can u upload videos on here? I got one

That's a pretty inventive way to make a rock tumbler.

Rust is never really "dead", it could spread. But you've removed 30-odd years worth, so you should be good for quite a while.

Keeping the tank full as much as possible is the best preventative. If you store extra tanks dry, dump a good dose of WD40 or similar light oil in there and shake it all around to coat the inside.

Back