exhaust washer??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oscar_sande

Reaction score
HI!

While taking the engine apart I noticed what appears to be some kind of "exhaust washer" in the exhaust port of the cylinder head. Is that what it is??

HI!

While taking the engine apart I noticed what appears to be some kind of "exhaust washer" in the exhaust port of the cylinder head. Is that what it is??

i'd recommend replacing them if going with new headers. dannymax and I found out when doing our exhausts that sometimes the headers will want to sit a bit funny since it may be compressed in weird places from the old ones.

i use headers to refer to the parts of the exhaust pipe that meet the cylinder head.

Ah OK well in that case it's fine as I am using the same exhaust pipes :) thanks

The washer you are noting is the gasket. It will have an outer copper layer with inner layers of steel fibers for lack of a better explanation. As noted you can sometimes reuse them but it's not all that much expense to replace either.
Sean

WO!! Sean, I'd seen videos of you on YouTube but never made the connection. Great videos by the way :)

Back