Fan over ride switch how to

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
I saw a how to guide on here on how to wire a toggle switch so you can turn your fan on whenever you want but I have searched and searched and can't find it.. does anyone know off hand where it might be?

Don't have a clue.
I took the easy way out. Under the Right scoop, you'll see the temp sensor with two wires attached.
Run a switch between the two wires.
Drink a beer while playing with your new fan switch.

Yes I have a general idea of how to do it but I saw a how to guide on here showing exactly how to do it.. I would like to find it

I disabled my "kill" switch and wired it to the fan. It's nice to just use the right thumb to turn the fan on in stop-n-go traffic. Been so long since I did it that I can't remember the details of how ..... sorry.

Yes I have a general idea of how to do it but I saw a how to guide on here showing exactly how to do it.. I would like to find it

One side of the temperature switch (under the thermostat behind right scoop) will be HOT (12VDC) with the switch on. I forget which one, but a meter will tell you instantly. You can take that 12V and jumper it through a switch to the wire on the other side of the temp switch - which leads to the fan. If you don't break the existing circuit and only "tap" the lines to bypass the temp switch, it'll still work as designed but you'll have a true OVERRIDE switch.

Thanks for your tips but I am looking for the how to that was written on here, I have seen it and hope to find it again.

if you can't find something always try google.

if you enter this into google:

manual fan switch site:vmaxforum.net

it will search 'manual fan switch' on the site vmaxforum.net so you can search our site via google...

Also try an advanced search using tags... MUCH better way to find them...

Also try adding good tags to your threads when you start one. Makes finding them easier down the road.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back