Fast food kiosks, rising prices, job cuts coming to NY

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemax93

Reaction score
Minimum wage heading toward $15.00 an hr. Small business is going to get crushed. Contrary to popular belief, Everyone who has a business, is not rolling in money.
Also, As stated in the second article. When an employer has to make a decision as to whom to keep over unaffordable wages, There going to keep the highest skilled. It's an incredible disadvantage for an unskilled, new to the work force person. Remember all the stories of the guy who started out pushing a broom, and now runs the company. With these rises, They can't afford to hire that guy.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-new-york-budget-wages-idUSKCN0WX2OM

https://www.epionline.org/release/m...elieve-minimum-wage-hikes-cause-unemployment/

I wonder about the people that will picket in the street due to this? I have to laugh just a bit at the people that have picketed, asking for a raise to 15.00 an hr.

So you want 15.00 an hour....and you STILL FU*K up my order?

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 19
I have noticed this, and not only NY but CA is introducing similar legislation that seems to be sailing through the legal channels. It's a good thing CA has such a great track record of financial management, what could possibly go wrong?

Maybe it's because its working sooo well in Seattle.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...minimum-wage-as-other-cities-follow-suit.html
I like the way they discuss only a few of the drawbacks, and spin it like it was totally unpredictable. :bang head:

Great story caseyjones. What's Ironic is the workers are asking for less hours, to stay on assistance, rather than asking for more hrs to eliminated assistance. Entitlement at it's finest. On second thought, If the employer gives the worker more hours, He may be forced to pay the workers health insurance (obamacare) So that's not gonna happen.

I would think those on assistance would jump at the opportunity for self-improvement. With all that extra money they would rather just take a cut in hours to keep the handouts flowing. Do we have no shame as a society? Wow!

Cuomo is an idiot and a bully! He might be able to hold the politicians hostage in chambers but small business owners won't be pushed around quite so easily. They'll just lay off the low wage labor, buy that Skycrain or backhoe they've wanted....cut back payroll taxes, personnel problems, etc. AND write off the new equipment! Probly end up working less hours, reduce the bs inherent when dealing with employees and bank more greenbacks....which is what owning a small business is all about! :punk:

This will just drive small businesses out of NY or cause them to increase their prices exponentially. A minimum wage only increases the cost of living for everyone, not sure why politicians have yet to figure that one out.

I wonder about the people that will picket in the street due to this? I have to laugh just a bit at the people that have picketed, asking for a raise to 15.00 an hr.

So you want 15.00 an hour....and you STILL FU*K up my order?

Without a doubt . Been there to many times. Enough for me to stop going to chains and making the extra minute stretch to stop in to a mom n pop or individually owned place.

Without a doubt . Been there to many times. Enough for me to stop going to chains and making the extra minute stretch to stop in to a mom n pop or individually owned place.

This is a great solution. Fast food prices have been on the rise lately anyway. It's just not worth it anymore, especially if you consider quality and food handling deficits. How much it will cost to eat fast food in 5 years. I like non-franchise eateries to, a couple sushi rolls and a quiet table for around the same price as a fast food combo meal.

This will just drive small businesses out of NY or cause them to increase their prices exponentially. A minimum wage only increases the cost of living for everyone, not sure why politicians have yet to figure that one out.

It's just further proof of how disconnected they are with reality of most people's everyday life. They just play to largest voting block they think they can influence while appease industry lobbyist, regardless of actual effect.

It's just further proof of how disconnected they are with reality of most people's everyday life. They just play to largest voting block they think they can influence while appease industry lobbyist, regardless of actual effect.

+1. This is how it was put to me years ago.

If you rob peter to pay paul, you can always count on pauls vote.:bang head:

All this accomplishes is to raise the cost of the product which is passed on to the customer...been to mickey d's lately ? Small fries-1.50 , fish-4.00 even the dollar menu is up to the 2 dollar menu . Half a piece of cheese on the burgers and fish , smaller portions all around . So basically a single person eating lunch at any fast-food place will now spend $10. for lunch...:confused2:

I'm all done with it...they aimed at destroying the middle class and they accomplished it . :bang head:

If you can make $15/hr at Taco Bell how much are you going to have to pay laborers, journeymen, and foremen?

I'm afraid it's going to make everyone think they deserve more money.

The guys digging ditches by hand aren't going to be happy at $17/hr if this happens.

The guy digging a ditch with a machine isn't going to be happy if his laborer gets a raise that brings their wages close together.

Once the guy running the job hears his crew us making nearly as much as him, and he is running the show, I'm sure he is going to expect more money too.

Some business owner is going to have to pay all these wages. His options are make less per job, raise prices, or go out of business.

I feel if this happens it will put a hurt on many small and medium sized businesses.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If I could make $15/hr stuffing fake meat into stale taco shells why did I need to endure 4+ years of nursing school and prerequisite classes while loosing income for that time, racking up loans and having almost no life because of all the study. Sure I make more now but all things considered it would be a loss unless I work for decades.

Not to discredit self-actualization (Maslow's hierarchy of needs), it does have real value but you cant take it to the bank. Raise the min enough and you will see a notable drop in educated qualified candidates for vital positions including healthcare unless we raise those wages to, which would further drive up costs for those services that are already difficult for many to afford. But I digress, thats a bit deep for a liberal leader to grasp.

I'm disappointed in our system. This has been and always will be an issue. But you'd think they would have gradually increased the wage fairly instead of saying hey... Let's almost double min wage. For the service of fast food in general, their morons... Half the time they don't get it right and the other time is sheer luck. I'm not saying that they shouldn't get a hike in pay, but it's not entirely difficult to push thru a few hours of work without fucking shit up. And like what's stated already, that puts basically mindless Neanderthals at a skilled laborers wage which is not fair what so ever. It's all a part of pussification. How to make someone who feels unimportant....feel important. I have strong views and feelings on this and other topics, and can't even stand watching news anymore. Our country has become something almost disgraceful. Maybe, just maybe...we will be a great country again. One can only dream. I look at the stuff that's went on in the past ten years, and really feel the best days we'll ever see are far behind us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm disappointed in our system. This has been and always will be an issue. But you'd think they would have gradually increased the wage fairly instead of saying hey... Let's almost double min wage. For the service of fast food in general, their morons... Half the time they don't get it right and the other time is sheer luck. I'm not saying that they shouldn't get a hike in pay, but it's not entirely difficult to push thru a few hours of work without fucking shit up. And like what's stated already, that puts basically mindless Neanderthals at a skilled laborers wage which is not fair what so ever. It's all a part of pussification. How to make someone who feels unimportant....feel important. I have strong views and feelings on this and other topics, and can't even stand watching news anymore. Our country has become something almost disgraceful. Maybe, just maybe...we will be a great country again. One can only dream. I look at the stuff that's went on in the past ten years, and really feel the best days we'll ever see are far behind us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to disagree, but I cant, you hit it on the head with the pussification. We have become a highly vaginized society with all the he PC bullshit and feel-good legislation coming from all directions. Cable programming, college campuses, many professions and attitudes in general are al hopelessly vaginized.

I have friends that actually ask their ladies for permission for everything, then comply when denied! This is a symptom of this touchy-feely matriarchal PC mindset has been seriously counterproductive on so many levels. Its time to let those balls drop and be motherfucking men. All these sign waving pussies are our fault for not equipping our young men to enter society as adults, with backbone, ready to work and pay the dues but they honestly dont understand why they are not being coddled and granted everything they "deserve". This all ties together. If we show them how to buckle to the clam, to so easily relinquish control to another person and automatically take no for an answer then what we get is a pussy not equipped to function in this tough world. So is pussification a serious social problem in the USA? Fuck yea it is.

Deep breath, -/rant mode off

I would like to disagree, but I cant, you hit it on the head with the pussification. We have become a highly vaginized society with all the he PC bullshit and feel-good legislation coming from all directions. Cable programming, college campuses, many professions and attitudes in general are al hopelessly vaginized.

I have friends that actually ask their ladies for permission for everything, then comply when denied! This is a symptom of this touchy-feely matriarchal PC mindset has been seriously counterproductive on so many levels. Its time to let those balls drop and be motherfucking men. All these sign waving pussies are our fault for not equipping our young men to enter society as adults, with backbone, ready to work and pay the dues but they honestly dont understand why they are not being coddled and granted everything they "deserve". This all ties together. If we show them how to buckle to the clam, to so easily relinquish control to another person and automatically take no for an answer then what we get is a pussy not equipped to function in this tough world. So is pussification a serious social problem in the USA? Fuck yea it is.

Deep breath, -/rant mode off

I still say it started with a bunch of Dirty Hippies. After that parents wanted to be friends with their kids, and not parents any more, and its gone downhill from there.

I just wanted to post this for Redbone. (attachment)

Was watching the sci fi movie Dune (1984) and saw her as a kid in it. She's grown up, and is very talented.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 8
Back