Fastest street Vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
those e-tec motors aren't all that great. The crankshaft main bearings are packed in iso grease, so they dont need lube from the fuel mixture, hence the 100-1 feul/oil ratio. Those pos bearings also have plastic cages! The 800 and larger Rotax motors are pure junk!!!

I'd heard several cases of the 800 etecs having the cranks go out, I wouldn't buy one. Last year a buddy bought one, 800 miles it got an entirely new engine under warranty. 2000 miles, it got another one. Totally stock, only used the recommended skidoo oil, and was strictly trail riding (and not even a fast one at that, I have no idea why he wanted the 800).

We had several e-tec outboards in our rental boat fleet and had excellent durability, and you know how people treat rentals. In 3 years(of 3+ etecs in service, each racking up around 750hrs/year), none ever blew up, had one injector go bad, and one coil pack go out. That's it, in easily 5000 hours of combined runtime. In both cases the boat drove itself back to the dock in limp mode.

We also had an Optimax, also a 115. It blew up three times in two years, it never seemed to run right in between....injectors going bad, coils going bad (one had this habit of only malfunctioning on hot days that was throwing us for a loop for days), stator shit out, high pressure fuel pump died, was always finicky about starting hot, tended to stall when it was cold, on and on. I've had carbureted crossflow outboards than ran better than that.

Yea only about 900' elevation here and I've went 11.21 so far but I'm substantially heavier (30+pounds) than most of the other guys here so my bike is pretty much on par with the other guys here but I do use an airshifter. I was just wondering about mainly guys with the big engines and nitrous and turbo's, 8.6's is hauling the mail!!! I've got some really good ideas for when it's time to go through my engine, nothing on that level but still should be fun and rideable with stock carbs :)
Yeah I like the idea of an air shifter. I should of stripped my old one off the other bike before I sold it. I foot shift the max and shift by ear but I think the next purchase will be a small speedo mounted LED shift light and probably throw a fresh clutch in it with the spring mod over the winter.

Yea I had seen enough pics of the back of the case blown out to make me want to switch to the air shifter and I don't regret it for a second... Why risk it??

Back