Fastest street Vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srk468

Reaction score
I was just wondering, what's the fastest street Vmax times? I'm talking about street tire and no wheelie bar but with power adders... Wasn't the one turbo guy in the high 8's?

Buddy of mine, 220 suited up runs low 9.40's then rides daily on his, no NOS, or power adders. Gen II though

Buddy of mine, 220 suited up runs low 9.40's then rides daily on his, no NOS, or power adders. Gen II though

Yea I was asking more about the gen 1's but I still like hearing about the Gen 2's as well.. I know we can't stay on par with all the Busa's and 14's out there but I'd just like to see what some other guys are doing..

Dale Walker claims he ran 10.62 @ 129 in 1985. Street tires and bone stock which is pretty damn good. I've run 11.13 @ 122 on the factory Dunlop qualifiers. Stage 7, kerker and no strap. I went to the track last Saturday and ran 11.20 @ 120 3 times in a row with 1.81 60ft. I'm thinking of strappin the front end a little and puttin the wood to her a little more out of the hole. Dyin' for 10's without spray.

Dale Walker claims he ran 10.62 @ 129 in 1985. Street tires and bone stock which is pretty damn good. I've run 11.13 @ 122 on the factory Dunlop qualifiers. Stage 7, kerker and no strap. I went to the track last Saturday and ran 11.20 @ 120 3 times in a row with 1.81 60ft. I'm thinking of strappin the front end a little and puttin the wood to her a little more out of the hole. Dyin' for 10's without spray.

I know what you mean, I'm stuck at 11.21 at 119 but I'm a fairly big dude but I think even if I can 60 in the 1.6's it'll be tough to crack a 10 second et on the motor... I just really need to work on my launch for the spray, already went 10.53 at 132 and some change without hitting 5'th but I think I've figured that out now so 5'th gear should get me a couple more mph and if I launch it just right I'm pretty sure I can get it to go 10.20's on spray...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I know what you mean, I'm stuck at 11.21 at 119 but I'm a fairly big dude but I think even if I can 60 in the 1.6's it'll be tough to crack a 10 second et on the motor... I just really need to work on my launch for the spray, already went 10.53 at 132 and some change without hitting 5'th but I think I've figured that out now so 5'th gear should get me a couple more mph and if I launch it just right I'm pretty sure I can get it to go 10.20's on spray...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
How big a shot are you running ? I had a buddy that had a stretched 89' years ago with minor bolt ons, stock rods and internals and he was hittin' it with a 60 shot with no problems.

How big a shot are you running ? I had a buddy that had a stretched 89' years ago with minor bolt ons, stock rods and internals and he was hittin' it with a 60 shot with no problems.

I also have a 60 shot on mine, changed the head gaskets out with cometics and put arp head studs in it and did some really mild porting myself on them and had them milled .020" but otherwise stock motor with a Kerker and a Morley jet kit... I've heard of quite a few guys hitting them with an 80 shot too... On paper with my weight and mph it's only gaining about 42hp on a 20 jet (60hp) so probably a bit of overlap on the stock cams blowing the juice out of the pipes but it still runs very good for what it is I think...

I saw Rich Croce's Gen 1 go 10.0 @140 something.......I'm pretty sure it did break into the 9's at a later time.

Also saw one of Civetellos (MadMax) turbo bikes go 8.76 but don't think you'd ever see that particular one on the street, to radical and kinda wire tied together.

I also have a 60 shot on mine, changed the head gaskets out with cometics and put arp head studs in it and did some really mild porting myself on them and had them milled .020" but otherwise stock motor with a Kerker and a Morley jet kit... I've heard of quite a few guys hitting them with an 80 shot too... On paper with my weight and mph it's only gaining about 42hp on a 20 jet (60hp) so probably a bit of overlap on the stock cams blowing the juice out of the pipes but it still runs very good for what it is I think...
Also, the heads on the vmax are pretty forgiving for spray as far as chamber design and general structual integrity. I was kinda throwin the idea of a 30 shot around that runs off a throttle trigger but I want to be able to hide the bottle (snaeaky pete) style somewhere. I just sold my pro street gsxr a few months ago and have about 5 2.5lb bottles in the garage which are way to big to hide anywhere. Uh Oh, is this a thread hijack :biglaugh:

I saw Rich Croce's Gen 1 go 10.0 @140 something.......I'm pretty sure it did break into the 9's at a later time.

Also saw one of Civetellos (MadMax) turbo bikes go 8.76 but don't think you'd ever see that particular one on the street, to radical and kinda wire tied together.
Gary(turbovmax) old draw through ray jay used to run 8.60 @ 165 and that was a total mild mannered street bike on pump gas. I haven't seen him in years even though we live 15 away from each other but that's a whole other story. He had a small shot of nitrous on it only to cool the boost charge but i've seen that bike go high 8's on just pure boost. I always wanted to build a clone of that bike for street strip use. That bike was funny. He could do roll-ons next to a built busa and shit all over em'.....and that my friends is no b.s.

I have seen low 9's on a turbo bike with a very robust rider. Not sure how much I would call it a street vmax though. It should drive around all day without any problems if he wanted to. My personal best on a stock engined vmax was 10.98 @ 121. We don't historically have the best conditions for racing and putting up a good number though.

That's doing something guys.
punk0000.gif
On a stock engine too. My hat is off to anyone even approaching the 10's on a street bike. Gadson, Gleason, Walker, these guys are all PRO. racers. Plus I'll never believe the bikes ridden to get in mid 10's or lower weren't in a very high state of tune to say the least.
Steve-o

Yea only about 900' elevation here and I've went 11.21 so far but I'm substantially heavier (30+pounds) than most of the other guys here so my bike is pretty much on par with the other guys here but I do use an airshifter. I was just wondering about mainly guys with the big engines and nitrous and turbo's, 8.6's is hauling the mail!!! I've got some really good ideas for when it's time to go through my engine, nothing on that level but still should be fun and rideable with stock carbs :)

Also, the heads on the vmax are pretty forgiving for spray as far as chamber design and general structual integrity. I was kinda throwin the idea of a 30 shot around that runs off a throttle trigger but I want to be able to hide the bottle (snaeaky pete) style somewhere. I just sold my pro street gsxr a few months ago and have about 5 2.5lb bottles in the garage which are way to big to hide anywhere. Uh Oh, is this a thread hijack :biglaugh:

You'd have to stretch the swingarm 3" but you could always do this... Bottle is black now and I've never had a single person notice it until I pointed it out... It's only a 1.5 pound bottle though but I fill them myself so I usually get close to 2 pounds in them and it's good for 3 full on passes and one second gear on pass.. You can buy the same bottles through Jegs for like $50 a bottle I think because they are CO2 bottles..

Attachments

• IMAG0338.jpg
    IMAG0338.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 32
Wonder if we'll ever see another factory turbo bike?

Arctic Cat has kept a turbo four stroke snowmobile in it's lineup for almost 10 years now....177hp from an 1100 parallel twin, and a plug-in controller box will bump that to 220 instantly, totally friendly, on premium pump gas. That could be kind of fun should it get transplanted into a bike.

I think the closest bet is Kawi might put a low pressure supercharger on the 14, patent drawings have been spotted and they already have experience with supercharged motors from the jet skis

Wonder if we'll ever see another factory turbo bike?

Arctic Cat has kept a turbo four stroke snowmobile in it's lineup for almost 10 years now....177hp from an 1100 parallel twin, and a plug-in controller box will bump that to 220 instantly, totally friendly, on premium pump gas. That could be kind of fun should it get transplanted into a bike.

I think the closest bet is Kawi might put a low pressure supercharger on the 14, patent drawings have been spotted and they already have experience with supercharged motors from the jet skis

I think they will. I never thought I'd see them on a Gas truck, but my F-150 has the Ecoboost engine and it's great...... 420 LBS of TQ at 2800 RPM and 23 MPG on the highway.

Imagine if Yamaha stuck a turbo on the gen 2 :rocket bike: That would be sick!!!

I still have my first bike which happens to be a turbo charged motorcycle!

Now if Ford would made a 5.0L EcoBoost and stick it in the Raptor....dream truck.

The problem with that turbo Arctic Cat is that personally I don't find it very ideal for anything but sheer top end power....flooring it on a lake to go fast. The rest of the time, the throttle response is very soft, the bottom end to midrange are weak, and it's fairly hard on gas. On a street bike those problems wouldn't be that big of a deal, but for a sled you often want quick shots of instant power and the turbo four just doesn't deliver like a revvy, snappy 2 stroke can.

I'd love to see a new modern 2 stroke bike. Bombardier has the e-tec motors that pass emissions requirements, the 600cc version is a proven favorite on the snow, the 800cc version hasn't been holding up as well. Even still, the 600 puts out around 120hp from a tiny 2 cylinder motor that weighs under 100lbs. That's potential for a little screamer of a bike....think something like a FZ6, but with 120hp instead of what it actually has, like 80? And easily dropping 50lbs of motor weight to boot?

Back