Final Drive swap

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raptor197211

Reaction score
I'm familiar with Venture final drive swaps with Vmax.
Does anyone know if FJR 1300 differentials are compatible?
Thanks for any help.

raptor197211

I'm familiar with Venture final drive swaps with Vmax.
Does anyone know if FJR 1300 differentials are compatible?
Thanks for any help.

raptor197211

I believe they are as well, but are usually much harder to find than Ventures...

Not completely sure on the ratios, but think they are the same.

I like the Royal Star gears best; Overall, they tend to have the least wear of any of the gears we see...Particularly on the drive splines, which is where MOST of the wear happens...
Just a tip: a small dab of good grease on those splines, at every rear tire change, will go a LONG way toward preserving them...

I don't actually believe this is going to be a direct swap. I know we have swapped the FJR wheels over but with a significant amount of bushing work. Also, the offset was horribly bad to the right. So, I would say that it's not a good candidate for the swap.

Sean

I don't actually believe this is going to be a direct swap. I know we have swapped the FJR wheels over but with a significant amount of bushing work. Also, the offset was horribly bad to the right. So, I would say that it's not a good candidate for the swap.

Sean

Offset, like the Venture & Royal Stars, is in the wheel, so that should not be an issue...
What I would be concerned about, is that the FJR housing doesn't have the shock tower drilled & tapped...(NOT an easy chore to do this...) & whether or not the axle diameter is the same...

All in all, NOT a direct bolton.

Firstable drive ratio for FJR is the same as for v-max so Im not seeing a reason of doing this.

Rest is the same but you gonna need to drill/tap the shock mount hole and buy/machine
a shock stud.

Sean
a Venture Royale dude bolted one onto his '87, so there's that ......... but as previously stated, gears are same as Max, no point.

I could be wrong but, I believe that the difference between the Venture and Vmax pumpkins is that the Vmax has a 10 tooth pinion drive, and the Venture has a 9 tooth...

Latest posts

Back