First official photo

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm no artist but I think it is an absolute work of art.

It's speaks to me on a very Visceral level, bringing forth emotions few machines can, not just 'cause it's a Max.

I agree with RJ that almost every single element of the bike is "evolutionary" of the old Max rather than "revolutionary"

It speaks of pure raw power and functionality, and most likely can back it up. There's nothing on the bike without a purpose that I see and to me all the design elements blend well. I do look at the bike and get hung up on cetain elements but to me that is desirable.

If something is "TOO" flowing then the eyes flow right past it and on to the next thing; not desirable to me. I don't want a machine that doesn't get noticed, and if it looks similiar to everything else it won't be. I want the eyes to STOP and the mind to go OMG! What the fuck IS that?

The rear fender is growing on me rapidly; the more I look at it the more muscular and powerful it looks as the the sides sweep down and out to cover the rear tire.

I thank god it did not follow the cruiser styling; if it had it would be just yet another bike. Cruiser styling inevitably speaks of Vtwins and there's enough of those if it looked remotely like a normal cruiser it would be immediatly lost in the crowd. Who but an M109 guy notices other M109's, or ANY of the other "power cruisers"

I consider the Vrod an exception to that since for whatever reason it's styling usually DOES get it noticed and picked out of the crowd.......

Yet the new Max also managed to avoid the "street fighter" look as well...I like the fighter look but as someone pointed out it's also becoming the "next trendy thing" too, with more and more companies jumping on board with that look.

When something is too trendy it never stands a chance of being a classic machine, the styling quickly becomes outdated and overshadowed by the NEXT trendy thing. kind of like the difference between the last gen Mitsubishi Eclipse and the 350Z, the Z nailed it by being totally different but without lines so trendy that they'll go out of style. The Eclipse looked really cool till the next big thing came along.

That's why the Max has remained so timeless because it has styling that doesn't fit in any of the trends over the years...

I like "love it or hate it" styling and always have tho'

Same as my current Max; everyone one I have ever talked to that looked at my bike either thinks it fine as hell or the ugliest thing they have ever seen. But they ALWAYS notice it....

I was at a Harley hangout last night; my bike was parked right near the entrance.
Every biker/s that walked in through the parking lot full of over 40 H-D's or H-D clones; some of them walked right past every one of them with nary a glance at any other bike. But when they passed my bike almost everyone of them stopped, walked around it and usually had a look on there face of at least HAVING an opinion on it. Mostly approval.....

I think the new Max is gonna be that way but even more so. It might not always be liked but it will never fail to be noticed....

I think the bottom line is were all glad they made a New Vmax to carry on our legacy as far me personally I think its ugly,but I'm a cruiser guy I like M109s Vrods even the Harley Rocker[I like the 240 on the rear with that low fender] What I consider "bad ass" is much different than the fans of this new bike,I like the gobs of power but thats about it and if I wanted it to resemble the old max I would have never modded my 92 to begin with,As far as handling I don't care as much as straight line performance.

I think those who find this bike pleasing are either sportbike dudes or streetfighter types.

I think they missed the mark with the cruiser crowd which makes up 70% of Yamaha[Stars] sales maybe it will be a huge hit in europe?

Looks too Robo Cop to me!

Well at the risk of sounding apologetic, i feel for ya. Not everyone can like everything and debate is one of the fun things about being in a hobby with a group of people.

I will say this though....the vmax has never been a traditional cruiser...when it came out it was considered a standard ....that class of bike has fallen out of fashion these days, but that swhat it was and it seems today anything thats not a sport bike MUST be a cruiser.... but like i said before everyone makes it what they want.

I like the m109...but i know cruiser guys who mock it and say its a space ship, silly and not a serious bike. The vmax isn't for and never was made to sell to 70% of the star buyers... its a halo model...designed to bring reputation to the range... saying the missed they mark is a bit unfair,,,they aren't aiming at a mark already hit by about 20 bikes in the line they already make.

i know you like th power....do you find other star cruisers to your liking but lacking in power? if Yamaha put a 200hp engine in say a raider or other cruiser, would that have been what you were after? just curious...

No the Raider and the warrior do little for me,I would have liked them come out with a muscle cruiser like the Vrod M109..... Longer wheel base,lower drag type muscle bike like it was intended. A Hot Rod who cares about how fast you can go in the twistys.

The bike was the original Hot Rod now I don't know what to call it[the engineers must have watched fast and furious too many times] That ain't no muscle cruiser!

The bike was the original Hot Rod now I don't know what to call it[the engineers must have watched fast and furious too many times] That ain't no muscle cruiser!

what? :ummm:are we lookin at the same bike there, Herk?

its so close to the original bike i cant see a difference except for modernization... i cant think of any bike that looks like the new vmax except for the old vmax!! ha

Fast and furious?....if that were the case it would be covered in plastic and have a 4 foot swing arm, and a flame thrower exhaust.....

"Fast and furious?....if that were the case it would be covered in plastic and have a 4 foot swing arm, and a flame thrower exhaust....."

lol You have a point there! lol

I like it, wish it had a longer wheelbase, but it looks like a modernized V-Max to me. I don't like the V-Rod headlight though. How many horses does this thing supposedly have?

Whip

I like it, wish it had a longer wheelbase, but it looks like a modernized V-Max to me. I don't like the V-Rod headlight though. How many horses does this thing supposedly have?

Whip

300 with a new exhaust and more if you remove the headlight........(LOL)

"Fast and furious?....if that were the case it would be covered in plastic and have a 4 foot swing arm, and a flame thrower exhaust....."

lol You have a point there! lol
LOL...nice to have a friendly debate...cheers to you!

Cheers to ALL of you, dead on about a spirited debate, all rooted in the reason why we're here in the first place, love the OLD Max at least.

:cheers:

Cheers to ALL of you, dead on about a spirited debate, all rooted in the reason why we're here in the first place, love the OLD Max at least.

:cheers:
I just read all the past 10 or so posts from today and that WAS a good discussion/ debate. The current (not going to say old, yet) Vmax carries a lot of passionate riders around on it's uncomfortable stock seat Let's hope the yet-to-be released "new" Vmax can carry the torch as well through the next few years. We all had our own particular vision as to what we wanted it to be and as it about to come out the discussion as to what/why/ how was destined to have a emotional response tied to it.
As it was said in a earlier post, I think we all are just happy that Yamaha saw fit to update our beloved Vmax. Cheers to Yamaha:cheers: and to us for our passion is being recognized!:punk: :cheers::punk:

Ya its true...you dont have to undestand design to appreciate it.... did you know an M16 was designed to look intimidating on purpose? first gun ever done that way...

I didn't know that, but thanks. Too bad they chose such a shitty round. Ok, not shitty, but I wish they would have chose one designed to kill something more than coyotes and rabits.(oh yeah, works great on heyenas too!)

.223 is truly a shitty round for anything bigger than what you mentioned, I wouldn't even use it to kill a 130lb deer.

Latest posts

Back