First VMax and ???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

up2you

Reaction score
This is my first Vmax.... an 02 with 5000 miles.... I bought it off of Ebay... I love the bike .... my questions are.... I hear this chattering noise coming from the engine..... Is this just the way they sound ???? I took it to the dealer for a state inspection.... and asked them..... the mechanic spent about a second and said.... its just the way they sound... said it could be the clutch plates ???? is this right.... then I get the bill and they charged me an extra 12.00 to tell me that....next is the vboost.... the bike is plenty fast.... but its like Im waiting for this rocket to kick in..... I dont know what Im waiting for..... is it like a powerband on the dirt bikes??? what do you all think...

Re: First VMax

Hi Up,
Congrats on teh new bike.
One way to check if the V-boost is working is to listen closley when you turn on the ignition. You might hear the fuel pump clicking BUT you should also hear the V-boost testing itself with two distinct " werring" noises.
Or just open the throttle in second gear at 4000 and at about 6000 you should feel a definate "surge" foward.
Good Luck,
Lew

next is the vboost.... the bike is plenty fast.... but its like Im waiting for this rocket to kick in..... I dont know what Im waiting for..... is it like a powerband on the dirt bikes??? what do you all think...

Are you familiar with what happens at 6K rpm's? If not, it's not just an rpm band issue but rather it's the fact that at that point, the V-Boost system allows each cylinder to suck fuel/air from two carbs at once, rather than just from its dedicated carb.

Back