Forgot to take any pictures of my bike.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
I was up to CaptainKyle's today. I had him order a set of Metzler 880's, 110 front and 170 rear a while back. He put them on and new pads on the front brakes...He had some great bikes to take pictures of, I forgot to take any of my new tires...:bang head: Oops

A while back Kyle drove all the way to Dade County to pick up a $200.00 VMax. It sat outside for many years totally neglected. Since he picked it up, he's found that the engine turns over and will fire with a little starting fluid. Now he's just got to get the time to do a little more... I told him it could be named Resurrection.. Cause that's what it'll take. If anyone around here can do that, it's Kyle... First 2 pictures...

I'm not going to go into great detail of what's been added on the next 2. They would defy my explanation and I don't want to screw it up....
1st bike looks much worse in person. The other 2 look much better in person...:biglaugh:

Next is a Super Nice 85, Kyle's done a bit of dress up work to this bike... It was so clean before he started, the engine really doesn't need paint...
He's redone the fenders and top cover in an original 85 color... Second 2 pictures...

The third bike is one he's calling his own. It started as an 89 with a tail section, a setup for a driver only. It's really coming together nice. It's impossible to do the paint work justice in pictures or video. You'd have to see it in person to really appreciate the work. We had an overcast day so I tried to get shots when the sun was poking out. You can see the clouds being reflected by the paint in most of the shots. 4th through 8th pictures... Kyle says; "It's Not Even Done Yet".

And Video. I cut the sound, it was Kyle talkin with someone who'd stopped to see him, the bikes and BS. I haven't figured out how to add music yet...:ummm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGTF9p6zxVI

Attachments

• Resurrection  1.jpg
    Resurrection 1.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Resurrection  2.jpg
    Resurrection 2.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 54
  • Kyle's 85 1.jpg
    Kyle's 85 1.jpg
    380.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Kyle's 85 2.jpg
    Kyle's 85 2.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 54
  • Kyle's 89 1.jpg
    Kyle's 89 1.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 55
  • Kyle's 89 2.jpg
    Kyle's 89 2.jpg
    373 KB · Views: 53
  • Kyle's 89 3.jpg
    Kyle's 89 3.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 49
  • Kyle's 89 4.jpg
    Kyle's 89 4.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 43
Thanks Dave good pictures ! Now that the 89 looks good I just need to see why its only running on 2 cylinders. I did not feel like messing with it today so I jumped on the 85 & took a ride.

Take Christine? Or, did she ride the other 85? I came home and crashed for a few minutes... Shoulda stayed there and gone along myself...:confused2:

I could tell the difference in the handling as soon as I let the clutch out. I like the Metzler's a lot...:clapping:

Thanx Again......

Take Christine? Or, did she ride the other 85? I came home and crashed for a few minutes... Shoulda stayed there and gone along myself...:confused2:

I could tell the difference in the handling as soon as I let the clutch out. I like the Metzler's a lot...:clapping:

Thanx Again......
She rode the other 85. Glad you like the tires I figured you would.

Very nice bikes Captain, I like the tail section on that one bike better than any tail section I have ever seen. The 85 looks like my 85 when I drove it home from the dealer. Dave's camera is working well I might add.

Nice collection! That 89' is really sweet! Looks like you have a lot going on at your place Captain. Thanks for sharing the nice pics and video Dave.
Mike

Going to CaptainKyle's is like going into Grandma's Attic. Never know how much cool stuff you're gonna find with each trip.

Thanx for the compliments on my pictures. Even they don't actually show how great the bikes look.

I can't wait for the transformation of Resurrection..:biglaugh: It's a bike that'll really show the talents Kyle has. Just hope it doesn't have something stupid like a blown 2nd gear....

The tail section on the 89 is Way Cool. I too haven't seen any better..

Nice collection! That 89' is really sweet! Looks like you have a lot going on at your place Captain. Thanks for sharing the nice pics and video Dave.
Mike
Thanks ! I stay pretty busy. I believe I am gonna take a break today though its beutiful out think I am gonna go take me a much needed long ride.

Latest posts

Back