Found my new Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope everyone in MN is prepared for what's going to happen starting .......oh, about............Saturday morning! hahaha.

Do you know something WDAY doesn't

weather.png

OPPs I just realized that when most people say Minnesota they mean the twin cites or around there. I live on the west border which is basically North Dakota.. Sorry!

29-44 on Saturday - with a brand new Gen II Vmax? I'm not sure what your hesitation is. Nope. Not seeing it. It might curtail the total mileage for the day, but otherwise......

:)

29-44 on Saturday - with a brand new Gen II Vmax? I'm not sure what your hesitation is. Nope. Not seeing it. It might curtail the total mileage for the day, but otherwise......

:)

The brand new Gen 2 will be on a trailer Friday and in my garage on Saturday :punk:

The brand new Gen 2 will be on a trailer Friday and in my garage on Saturday :punk:

Heck, the least you could do is ride it on the trailer for a bit........and have someone take pics......otherwise........it didn't happen. :biglaugh:

Incidently, it was a brisk 42 here in Missouri this morning when I left for work on the 85. (but a high of 70+ expected for the return home) All it takes is layers. Lot's of layers. And decent gloves, of course. haha

Heck, the least you could do is ride it on the trailer for a bit........and have someone take pics......otherwise........it didn't happen. :biglaugh:

Incidentally, it was a brisk 42 here in Missouri this morning when I left for work on the 85. (but a high of 70+ expected for the return home) All it takes is layers. Lot's of layers. And decent gloves, of course. haha

See here is my situation, I bought a beautiful Gen 2 a year old with 2006 miles, the only bad think is it's 538 miles away so I will be traveling over 1100 miles to get it and get home.

second bad think is I don't have a pickup or trailer so I had to rent both from U-Haul. So it wouldn't be cool riding it on the trailer

If it was summer I would have flew over and drove back.
But like I said before.

weather.png

Not Vmax driving weather...
:eusa_dance:

See here is my situation, I bought a beautiful Gen 2 a year old with 2006 miles, the only bad think is it's 538 miles away so I will be traveling over 1100 miles to get it and get home.

second bad think is I don't have a pickup or trailer so I had to rent both from U-Haul. So it wouldn't be cool riding it on the trailer

But like I said before.

weather.png

Understood (now). But just think: you are going to feel like a kid on Christmas morning the whole way back home with a prize like that on the trailer. Then comes the next warm day when you actually do get to ride the beast. Can't wait to hear you report back about that first ride. :punk:

But like I said before.

weather.png

Awesome... that's almost exactly what I did when I bought my '09 in November of '11. Rented a U-haul m/c trailer, drove from Michigan to St. Louis and back (left a little after midnight and got back home at 7:30pm), unloaded it just as it was getting dark and put it in the garage. Was about 1000 miles round trip. Didn't get to ride it because it rained and was very cold for the following week. My first real ride on it when the roads were finally dry it was 36 degrees - froze my butt off but I had a huge grin on my face the entire time. Hope you had an uneventful journey and made it home with your new beast safe and sound.

Here's a pic I took at the last rest stop before finally making it home.

Scott

OPPs I just realized that when most people say Minnesota they mean the twin cites or around there. I live on the west border which is basically North Dakota.. Sorry!

I grew up (I use that term loosely) in Brainerd. :biglaugh:
Nice bike, brother!

I had to drive to Montana and once I got it on the trailer I drove about a mile on a dirt/gravel road so it got really dirty, mostly dust.

I got a rear wheel stand with it but I wanted one for the front too so I bought a set, once I get them I will clean it up and then take more pic's. I have to wait to get the release of lien for the title, Capital One has the lien so when they send the release of lien I will be able to register it.

The weather is still very cold here so I can't ride it anyways yet. I bought my helmet,leather jacket and Breakaway cruise control today so I won't get that stuff for a week or so. So I am not in a hurry

Damn I didn't even take a pic of it on the trailer..........lol I'm waiting for the original owner to get the release of lien from Capital One then I can get it registered and get my plates. BTW on the plates poll I posted the one I original wanted was MYVMAX and so far that is leading the polls.

Latest posts

Back