Friday's ride on a new Gen 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually it is 162hp in race mode(170+ with the aftermarket full exhaust system w/ECU) and only 456lbs. May be fugly in some peoples eyes, but I wouldn't bet on a stock Gen 2 taking it on the strip. That ~300lb weight difference is a lot to overcome. Just sayin'................

That's only 200lbs difference, & I'll take that bet & bet the farm on it.. Worried about a V-twin?..pfft... yeah ok.. People are going to be real disappointed to see what that bike does in stock form... Definitely NOT a match for a high revving V4 torque monster.. My bike went 9's all day long on 87 octane pump gas & a street tire, with nothing but a delimiter, exhaust & airbox mod.. That stock 1200 V-twin of yester-year will be lucky to make it into the 10's..

Actually it is 162hp in race mode(170+ with the aftermarket full exhaust system w/ECU) and only 456lbs. May be fugly in some peoples eyes, but I wouldn't bet on a stock Gen 2 taking it on the strip. That ~300lb weight difference is a lot to overcome. Just sayin'................

I'm sure it will be a great bike.....but a Duc's a Duc it ain't no VMax. I ridden several Ducatis - torquey, good handling and braking....but they all feel the same, like Ducatis. To some (Ducati fans) that's a good thing - not so for me though. My Gen 2 VMax feels, sounds and looks like nothing other than a VMax, as did all my Gen 1's.

The 456 lbs they claim is probably a dry weight, the VMax wet weight is 685 lbs. I'm assuming the claimed hp is at the crank. There are a sh#t load of Gen 2's making over 190 hp at the WHEEL now. I've been doing a little racing with a buddy who also has a Gen 2. His bike is consistently running in the low 9.40's at over 144 mph, with very minor bolt on mods.

Just sayin...................:biglaugh:

Mark

Is the new Ducati a twin or V4? Heard they were using the MotoGP engine as a base. :ummm:

Latest posts

Back