Friday's ride on a new Gen 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yankee in texas

Reaction score
I was at Woods Cycle Country (New Braunfels,Tx) Friday picking up a few parts. After talking with the Yamaha Star reps they gave me a new red 2010 to ride for about 30min but that was enough..... OMG

My first thought was if the wrong person bought this bike - they will die !!!!
second was how well it rode.

Yankee

Yeah, could you imagine if they had made weigh in at about five and a quarter...even as it is it still is a monster of a bike!:punk:

I can't believe where the horsepower race has taken us. The Gen 1's used to be untouchable a few years back. Best I can tell, there are more than 25 bikes that will obliterate it in a light to light race. Have to rely on experience and what's left of fast reflexes to hold my own any more. Imagine no experience on a bike with 200+ hp. OMG!!!!!!

As you all know, my Gen II ride ended when I was pulled over doing 15 mph. I can't attest to how fast Bad_Max's bike is cause I never got the chance. :bang head: With the mods he has done, it's gotta be pushing over 250 hp. Sure glad I didn't get a ticket seeing how fast it was. LE would have buried mne under the jail.

I wish it made 250hp.. More like 185rwhp :ummm: 100+ft lbs of torque anywhere above 3500rpm's tho :)

OK, so 240ish at the engine.:rofl_200:Still one Badd Ass'd Bike in any book...:biglaugh:

Dave

I agree that it is too bad that the bike weighs as much as it does. The new Ducati muscle bike, yes they are releasing it, has as much HP and just a wee bit less torque at the rear wheel in a package that is wicked light. My guess is that it will be able to take the Gen 2 just due to the weight difference. Am waiting to see how much they want for it though, remortgaging the house is what I am figuring (~$30k or so). Can't wait to test ride one though.

For all out performance it looks like the new ZX10R will be the best bet, maybe.

I really wish Yama had just reworked the 1st Gen, frame, motor, brakes, electronics etc, and sold it at a price of $15,000 and way lighter.:clapping:

O

I agree that it is too bad that the bike weighs as much as it does. The new Ducati muscle bike, yes they are releasing it, has as much HP and just a wee bit less torque at the rear wheel in a package that is wicked light. My guess is that it will be able to take the Gen 2 just due to the weight difference. Am waiting to see how much they want for it though, remortgaging the house is what I am figuring (~$30k or so). Can't wait to test ride one though.
I would like to test ride one as well Jim, that bike is going to own the power crusier segment! It will be rare too if the price ends up in the 30k range(even if it's 30k canadian!)!
http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news--general-news/new-ducati-cruiser---more-pictures/12889.html

The dealer where my son works carries duc's, hes already told me all about it,says price wiil be around 16000 base line 20000 for the CF bodied one. they will have one when its released!

The dealer where my son works carries duc's, hes already told me all about it,says price wiil be around 16000 base line 20000 for the CF bodied one. they will have one when its released!
Wow, I think Redbone has something to be worrired about now!

From Ducati's website:
"Built to have a commanding presence, though lightweight and agile, the Diavel will take the man-motorcycle relationship to the next level in absolute comfort. For fans of technology ABS, Ducati Traction Control and Ducati Riding Modes will deliver a confidence-inspiring sophistication. Stunning looks, the Superbike-derived Testastretta 11? engine and 456lb of authentic Ducati performance will drive a comfortable sport lifestyle that could only be dreamt of until now.

The DIAVEL is on its way...."

WOW! I assumed that Ducati would price it similar or higher than the Streetfighter S. The dealer I am friends with has assured me that I get the first peek at it when it arrives. If it is $5k less than the Gen 2, would be worth a look.

Want to see the final product on the showroom floor. For that bike I might be convinced to part with Toxic...... nahhhhh but boy would it look good in my garage.

Hmmm... well 16k in the US means us Canadians will get hosed for about 25k for the same bike! :damn angry:

Well the Gen 2 might not be the fastest out there but its still the coolest looking in my book.

Don't count the Vmax out yet over the Duc. It's reported 155hp from a V twin is gonna come up short at the drag strip... The Duc is Bufugly too... Black or red I LOVE Max's looks :)

Attachments

• max1019-right.jpg
    max1019-right.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 14
  • black4.jpg
    black4.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 12
  • max1019-rightfrt..jpg
    max1019-rightfrt..jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 12
Don't count the Vmax out yet over the Duc. It's reported 155hp from a V twin is gonna come up short at the drag strip... The Duc is Bufugly too... Black or red I LOVE Max's looks :)

Actually it is 162hp in race mode(170+ with the aftermarket full exhaust system w/ECU) and only 456lbs. May be fugly in some peoples eyes, but I wouldn't bet on a stock Gen 2 taking it on the strip. That ~300lb weight difference is a lot to overcome. Just sayin'................

Latest posts

Back