front wavy discs?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you can create a braking system that outperforms the traction of the tires. Especially the rear where you can't use all the braking you produce ( without ABS).
I just have a hard time spending huge cash for a wavy rotor. They do look trick and probably do better in wet conditions though.

I went for wavy on front and a matching rear with the cutouts. It was already tight with my 17" wheel.

picture.php

I have the same rotor setup as yours Michael, they work great. I have the 6 piston calipers up front and a R1 caliper on the rear both with HH pads which delivers strong and predictable braking, yep, even with the rear brake. The only lockup I ever had with my rear brake is when I was testing to see when it would lockup. I am running 18" wheels and Shinko Verge tires, 120 front and 200 rear.
IMG_2081 (8-24-2013 8!27!04 AM).jpg

the wavy disk i bought from sean was cheaper then going with the stock size and type from any other vendor. my rear had to be replaced as it was at its thinnest. my fronts are next and they will be replaced with matching wavy. i have stock rims at the moment so the rear will not look as large once i can afford new wheels. I dont have the funds to do a lot all at once so I have to plan and upgrade as needed.

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant

Back