Fuel filter #?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YGETV8

Reaction score
I took my filter off and it is, indeed, very dirty (thank you Seafoam!). However, there are no identifying characteristics on it. Anybody know the p/n? Is there a suitable replacement I can grab at an auto parts store?

Thanks, Jay

You'll want a Purolator, it has glass so you can see through. You can get it at O'Reilly's or Advance Auto. Make sure you get one for 3/8 inch fuel lines.

Mark

Good advice. Didn't want to wait till I could get to a dealer, so just went and picked up a Mr. Gasket one from O'Reilly's. Seems to work fine and has the glass body. Thanks!

You'll want a Purolator, it has glass so you can see through. You can get it at O'Reilly's or Advance Auto. Make sure you get one for 3/8 inch fuel lines.

Mark

Hey Mark,

How often do like to change yours?? Miles that is...:confused2:

Chris, the fuel filter is reusable except for the inner screen. I recently bought 3 screens for $5 at Advance Auto. Every spring I disassemble the fuel filter to clean the bits from the screen. Otherwise, I replace every spring. With the stock filter, I probably did it every two years or every 12,000 miles or so.

Mark

Do you happen to have the part number handy? I'm running errands today and I was going to go pick one up.

Well at the rate I'm going it will be 9 years before I need to replace the filter...:thumbs up:

Back