Fuel light won't shut off?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donnelly317

Reaction score
I don't know where to start. Installed LED's in warning lights is the only thing different.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Did you install a LED for the the fuel light? If so, you may need a resistor to make the circuit work properly. There was some talk about this awhile back.

Ill try and install normal incondesent light tomorrow see if it fixes it. Yea I remember some of this talk now forgot about that. Although you can see a little resistor inside the LED? Hmmmmmm

You will need a ballast resistor for the low fuel warning light.

Assuming that it is a 12 volt LED suggest you try a 4.7 ohm, 7 watt resistor in parallel.

Assuming that it is a 12 volt LED suggest you try a 4.7 ohm, 7 watt resistor in parallel.

Ill give it a try but first things first I'm gonna swap bulb if it fixes it I know its the LED

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

+1

My first instrument panel build I didn't put the proper resistor in and my light was doing funny things. Not to mention the pump is tied into the fuel light. So without the correct resistance, the pump wouldn't come on, I had to ride with the reserve switch on.

V2.0 of the instruments I put in a proper resistor and everything works like it did with incandescent lights.

Latest posts

Back