Fuel switch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choctaw

Reaction score
:ummm:I know what everyone said on the other thread but my light doesn't come on and the switch doesn't do anything,,,do I need a new sensor???

Yup, probably the fuel sender. Same thing happened to me last month
Terminals on the sender rotted away, caught me by surprise and I had to push Max to the gas station

Under your tank, get down and under the bike and have a look at the bottom of the fuel tank, the sender is probably covered in mud and dirt

In the bottom of the fuel tank.

Drain the tank and then the sender comes out with two bolts. I like to put a piece of tubing in the tank and then put a gas can on the floor. The tank will automatically siphon into a gas can. Its a lot easier than opening the drain plug, trying to catch the fuel in a drip pan, and making a mess.

I've never tried to take it out with the tank on the bike. I would ASSume it is accessible. When I took mine out I drained the tank and removed the tank from the frame because I was having the tank welded.

In the bottom of the fuel tank.

Drain the tank and then the sender comes out with two bolts. I like to put a piece of tubing in the tank and then put a gas can on the floor. The tank will automatically siphon into a gas can. Its a lot easier than opening the drain plug, trying to catch the fuel in a drip pan, and making a mess.

I've never tried to take it out with the tank on the bike. I would ASSume it is accessible. When I took mine out I drained the tank and removed the tank from the frame because I was having the tank welded.

I used the same method (but only used a 5 liter container :bang head:) and it's easily removable :eusa_dance:

How do you remove the tank? Need to remove the swingarm or does it come out laterally? I never payed much attention to that but i'll need to do that soon...

Back