FZ1 front calipers- silver dot, will they fit a 2002?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxorel

Reaction score
I searched- assuming I'm dumb, I did not find a relative thread comparing FZ1 silver dot calipers to early R1 calipers.

Anyone use the FZ calipers up FRONT on a 93^ Max? I have a 2002 and found a set of super clean and super cheap silver dots I want to get- but are the mounting holes the same? Caliper offset from fork mount to center of rotor same?

I'm 'assuming' those that have put R1 only calipers on is because they are the only ones that fit.

Can someone with legitimate first hand knowledge inform me please?

Thanks guys!

- Chris

as long as they are not radially mounted then they will work. Lines ideally would be 2" shorter

Good point on the cross checking part #'s.

They are not radials Sean. Just didn't want to get them and be stuck because they don't mount up proper.

And to confirm them- can still use the oem size '02 Max front rotors? No caliper adapter or shim/washers needed correct?

Will then be double checking lengths for the lines from my MX bar setup.

Thanks guys.

The 298mm rotors will work with the r1 calipers. I feel like my fz1 calipers were the same as those early r1 ones.

You can't use the R1/R6/FZ1 rotors on the 93-07 forks without boring the rotor bolt holes. They will work on the 85-92 forks (with a brake upgrade kit to go along with them).

The calipers should be a direct install for you.

Back