Gen 1 VMAX in the twisties

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TravisAnthony07

Reaction score
Just curious how the gen 1 would do in the canyon, does the frame let it down? does it drag pegs in every corner?

Throw some wider wheels on, consisting-of a larger diameter rear wheel, and a front 17" to-match onto it, w/some sportbike matching rubber, and a VMax I'd say is as-good as any cruiser of the day, probably better. Go-with an 18" rear wheel and a wider 18" front tire, w/a 3-1/2" wide wheel, and you won't lose as-much top speed from having a shorter rear wheel/tire from the 17" rear wheel and a low-profile tire on it. Your cornering clearance will also be a bit-better w/the 18" vs. the 17" rear/front wheels.

Many cruisers will drag exhausts or floorboards while cornering with vigor.

Just curious how the gen 1 would do in the canyon, does the frame let it down? does it drag pegs in every corner?

My 05 runs Avon Venoms v-rated front and rear, keep the front end tight, and realize I am not on a Sport Bike, respect the MAX and I have great time on twisties,,just remember, IT is what IT is!! Know the road!

Not that we really have any real twisty roads here in MI, but the stock gen 1 handles fine for what it is. If you treat it like a sport bike it will not comply.

Not that we really have any real twisty roads here in MI, but the stock gen 1 handles fine for what it is. If you treat it like a sport bike it will not comply.
The gunfighter seat made by the former UFO company, and presently by Morley also helps greatly in the twisties,,and Mi. has plenty of twisties :)

For me, the difference was radials, properly set steering bearings, then Racetech springs/emulators. I didn't notice anything, really, with solid mounts.

Mark

Back