Gen 2 rims on Gen 1 bike

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crashr21bud

Reaction score
Will the newer Gen 2 rims fit on the older Gen1 bikes? Any idea where I could get this information etc.

Very very unlikely as the sizes are completely different. If you can get a complete gen2 front end and have great fabrication skills maybe. For the rear there's no way - that gen2 wheel won't fit inside the gen1 swingarm.

Anything can be done as long theres enough money and patience... LOL

Like Naughty said the rear gen2 wheel can't fit on a stock gen1 swingarm, for that to work you would need to alter or make a new swingarm and change the wheel core to accept the gen1 drive. I don't know if you could use a full gen 2 swingarm, wheel and drive. I don't know the dimensions on those... but it might be doable if the offset angle is allowed by the U-joint and the frame doesn't get in the way. you would also to manufacture a bracket for the mono-shock and get it to fit behind the tank, maybe using the centerstand fixing points or similar, but thats only me talking without actually looking at it...

Far too much work involved unless you really want to spend some money. Better off getting a set of the Carrozzeria wheels we are offering.

Sean

Latest posts

Back