Gen II 2009 sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Except you lost in the marketplace, since it's been discontinued!

Yeah, good performance, & you can buy a B-King cheaper than a Gen II.

Some people like blondes, some brunettes, others, redheads. Then there's about half the world which has black hair... you make your choice, glad you enjoy your Suzuki, time for a quiz: What's the name of this site?

Honestly, if I wanted to read about the Suzuki Transformers bike, I would go to a site for that content. I don't have a Gen II, hell, right now I don't have a running Gen I, but I'm working on it! If I knew which threads had the Suzuki content, then I would know which ones to skip, as I am more-interested in finding out useful facts which may help me restore the lost functionality of my Yamaha. Maybe you could put one of those blocky-looking "S's" they used as a tank badge medallion in the 1960's bikes as a 'post icon' and save me from reading about a bike which I don't own on a post which contains no content which will help me further my knowledge of how to get back on the road.

I'm gonna look for some pics of my 1970 Triumph TR25W which I bought from the original owner, after I brought it back to life for him via a bore of the cyl & re-sleeving it to stock size, w/a stock piston, rings, and head gasket. Would you like to see pictures of how I used my gas ax to heat the piston crown circumference and then quenched it with penetrating oil, and then pounded on it w/a pressure-treated 4X4, whittled to-shape and splintered by my baby sledge blows? It might do 75 mph on a good day and if you took it easy, it could get about the same mpg! Is 17 seconds too-slow to be able to brag-about? It got superior gas mileage to a Gen I, II or a Burger King.

I'd much rather hear about your CBX.:biglaugh:

I'm gonna look for some pics of my 1970 Triumph TR25W which I bought from the original owner, after I brought it back to life for him via a bore of the cyl & re-sleeving it to stock size, w/a stock piston, rings, and head gasket. Would you like to see pictures of how I used my gas ax to heat the piston crown circumference and then quenched it with penetrating oil, and then pounded on it w/a pressure-treated 4X4, whittled to-shape and splintered by my baby sledge blows? It might do 75 mph on a good day and if you took it easy, it could get about the same mpg! Is 17 seconds too-slow to be able to brag-about? It got superior gas mileage to a Gen I, II or a Burger King.

I would like to see it, I love old bikes. There is a pic I have to find again to make my desktop, its of an old Vincent 500cc bike going nose-to-nose with an old Jaguar. That's what the burnout pit is for, anything goes. :clapping:

i would like to see it, i love old bikes. There is a pic i have to find again to make my desktop, its of an old vincent 500cc bike going nose-to-nose with an old jaguar. That's what the burnout pit is for, anything goes. :clapping:

+2

Except you lost in the marketplace, since it's been discontinued!

Yeah, good performance, & you can buy a B-King cheaper than a Gen II.

I'd much rather hear about your CBX.:biglaugh:

Actually, they were made from 08-10 overseas, have a cult following in Europe, and yes, I'm a member of the B-King forum also. I figure since I've restored a half dozen first generation V-Max's, my presence here should not surprise anyone, currently in the middle of getting a 97 up and running! Like I said before, I have nothing against the new VMAX, I will have one some day, but don't be surprised when Yamaha quits making them too, I think the writing is already on the wall. Alot of factors, and I think the biggest one is price, but we will have to wait and see. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, when I find a good used one under 10K, I'll get interested. They just aren't worth any more to me than that, which is why I went out and got the B-King. I'm all about value, and I work hard for my money, so I won't throw it away on just anything. Now, if the new VMAX was all that AND a bag of chips, I might have made an exeption and gotten one already, but I think I've already made the point that the B-King is just as fun, for half the price. I've ridden both, and the choice for ME was clear. I like the analogy of blondes, red heads and brunettes, everyone has their favorites! The CBX? What's there to say? Iconic bike, love the sound of the 6 into 1, big heavy SOB, but smooth as silk and I get lots of questions when I ride it. Rather boring compared to my other bikes, I don't ride it much, I think since I've finished restoring it, I've probably put 2 tanks of gas through it. An investment more than anything else, probably be the next bike I sell. The CBX "community" is somewhat offensive to me, a bunch of rich a$$holes who have basically priced the bikes and parts out of the "average" persons market. The prices for parts are insane, think VMAX part and multiply by 5, maybe 10 for some things, it's absolutely rediculous, I won't restore another one. Here's a couple pics, enjoy!

027.jpg

026.jpg

That is a clean looking CBX!!!! :clapping:

Actually, they were made from 08-10 overseas, have a cult following in Europe, and yes, I'm a member of the B-King forum also. I figure since I've restored a half dozen first generation V-Max's, my presence here should not surprise anyone, currently in the middle of getting a 97 up and running! Like I said before, I have nothing against the new VMAX, I will have one some day, but don't be too upset when Yamaha quits making them too, I think the writing is already on the wall. Alot of factors, and I think the biggest one is price, but we will have to wait and see. I've said before, and I'll say it again, when I find a good used one under 10K, I'll get interested. The CBX? What's there to say? Iconic bike, love the sound of the 6 into 1, big heavy big, but smooth as silk and I get lots of questions when I ride it. Rather boring compared to my other bikes, I don't ride it much, I think since I've finished restoring it, I've probably put 2 tanks of gas through it. An investment more than anything else, probably be the next bike I sell. The CBX "community" is somewhat offensive to me, a bunch of rich a$$holes who have basically priced the bikes and parts out of the "average" persons market. The prices for parts are insane, think VMAX part and multiply by 5, maybe 10 for some things, it's absolutely rediculous, I won't restore another one. Here's a couple pics, enjoy!

027.jpg

026.jpg

Yeah, thanks for the CBX pics. One of my all-time favorite bikes. One of my friends who bought & sold cars, bikes, trucks, & almost anything to make a buck, had a monoshock CBX he offered to me. He wanted $2K for it (maybe 5 y.o @ the time). It had nearly 40K on it, and for that mileage, it actually looked-pretty-good. It looked like it might have had <1/2 of that mileage from the shape it was in. It ran great, and one of my favorite rides was going back & forth across Tamiami Trail across the Florida Everglades on it one summer day. I held it over 8K as long as I dared, and was racing a summer squall storm front flanking me as I returned to Miami. I think I made it across in about 23 min. The six-cyl howl was bewitching, it sounded like a Ferrari or a 1960's Aston-Martin.

Below is a pic of the style of Triumph I redid, but w/o digging through all my pictures (prints) I cannot provide one of my actual bike. This is identical, though.

triumph-tr25.jpg

Yeah, you get to write about anything here, and I will probably read it. That is a clean CBX. Another of my friends in FL bought a leftover in the crate in about 1987, he paid $4K. He still has it, he used to own a bike shop but invested in real estate, and now just dabbles w/bikes while doing rental properties management for income. "Japan George," he knows how to get h.p. out of air-cooled Japanese multis. He is well-known by the older guys around Ft. Lauderdale FL, many of whom probably had him work on their bikes-I did.

I a know the BKing is great bike. But it’s homogenized off other bikes that obviously helps with its price. The gen 2 Vmax is one of a kind. Most of its parts were engineered and designed just for that bike. No other bike is like it. I’ve had many bikes and nothing compares with its fit and finish, nothing. Its real quality. Yamaha didn’t build it for the masses; it’s a certain buyer who can afford it.

I a know the BKing is great bike. But it?s homogenized off other bikes that obviously helps with its price. The gen 2 Vmax is one of a kind. Most of its parts were engineered and designed just for that bike. No other bike is like it. I?ve had many bikes and nothing compares with its fit and finish, nothing. Its real quality. Yamaha didn?t build it for the masses; it?s a certain buyer who can afford it.

Ummmm. Not trying to brag here, but I've got 30K worth of bikes in my garage. I'm pretty sure I CAN afford it. It's just a matter of price vs. value to me, simple as that. I'm not going to pay for something when there is an alternative that does all the same things, and some better, for half the price, no matter what it "looks" like or whatever "prestige" some might gain from having such an exclusive bike. I think Yamaha way overpriced it, and I bet there are MANY guys just like me, waiting for the used ones to drop down into a more realistic price range. Eventually, I will find one for 10K and I WILL OWN one, and it's not a matter of if, but when. Good thing I'm a patient man. I really like the red ones better too! :punk:

Bking does the same thing?:ummm:
Ok, then a Studebaker does the same thing as a Cadillac CTS..They both get you around.. I put a few miles on a Bking, and know for a fact if I had been on it when this lady cut cross 3 lanes to stop in front of me, I'd be dead. The Vmax ABS & excellent brakes saved my life more than once. Thats not all that's different between the 2 bikes, but needless to say, the Vmax has amenities galore.. Anyone who doesn't think the bike is worth 12k+ hasn't done their research... Technology costs, and there's a boatload of it in the Gen2 Vmax....
http://rob.com/lancair/2008.vmax/New-VMax-Info-and-Specs.pdf
Getting it just right..
http://rob.com/lancair/2008.vmax/Adrenalin.pdf

Below is a pic of the style of Triumph I redid, but w/o digging through all my pictures (prints) I cannot provide one of my actual bike. This is identical, though.

triumph-tr25.jpg

I bought one of these up at Mid-Ohio a few years ago. It was set up as a flat tracker with long off set handle bars. Ran like a SOB for what it was though. Wish I still had it too. I ended up selling it to a dealer in San Antonio as a partial trade for a 79 CBX that I spent a year getting running just to turn around and sell 6 months after finishing it. Never had the chance to ride a B King But I can assure you I will own a Gen II before I get dirt tossed in my face...:punk::punk::punk:

I a know the BKing is great bike. But it?s homogenized off other bikes that obviously helps with its price. The gen 2 Vmax is one of a kind. Most of its parts were engineered and designed just for that bike. No other bike is like it. I?ve had many bikes and nothing compares with its fit and finish, nothing. Its real quality. Yamaha didn?t build it for the masses; it?s a certain buyer who can afford it.

where in boston? i'm in franklin.

B-Kings were also made with ABS brakes as an option, but seriously kill the fun factor, but only if you like doing burnouts!!! Yea, I guess I didn't do enough research. I only read every magazine article, website review, YouTube videos, heck, even went to the Yamaha dealership on their special "ride day" and took one for a spin, and still chose the King in the end. Maybe I should have taken one home and left it in the garage over night, you know, to try it on for size? You guys crack me up that are so biased by ownership that you can't believe there's actually something else out there that's a formidable opponent, oh, and did I mention for half the price? I don't cherish ANY of my bikes enough to believe there's not something else out there that's bigger and badder, there always has been, and there always will be, regardless of what you ride. Once you accept that as fact, you'll be a much happier person, the truth shall set you free! Ride on my VMAX loving brothers!

Your holier than thou bit cracks me up. I rode for 40+ years and there's nothing out there even vaguely similar to a new Vmax. ABS brakes is only 1 amenity, there are several others, but since you did your research, I bet you know that already. The Bking was fun to play with but severly lacking in character & soul.. It's a naked, neutered Busa.. Period! To each his own I guess..

Test rode a Vmax? Until you've scraped the pegs in a long sweeper @ 100+mph on a 670lb beast, or until you've exited a turn with the ass end kicked out smoking the tire with the front wheel in the air, you haven't really Test ridden a Vmax.. You have yet to FEEL the Beast at play.. I hope 1 day you get to.

The only thing holy in my household is my underwear! Like I said before, I love all these muscle bikes, that's why I restore and collect them. They all have their unique qualities, just like we do as human beings, which is why it is so great to have choices in life! I'm happy with mine, if you're happy with yours, then it's all good! Nothing like a friendly debate, eh' mate? Didn't mean to pi$$ on anybodies cornflakes, but my opinion as stated is just that, my opinion. I think I've lived long enough and paid enough dues to deserve one, thank you very little. :punk:

Check this out, I guess a new VMAX could do all this too, eh???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqgHtjXD9j8

Last edited:
i'll keep this thread open for now but lets keep it civil. opinions are just that, either side of the track. no one should be attacking anyone for theirs.

Just be glad you have a choice and are able to make a choice. That's what's makes the world got round. You get to make your choice and then be proud you have it. There will always be someone offering that this one is faster than that one. I do not need to do 1000 miles an hour to be cool. I am happy to have what I have.

I am happy to have what I have.:Nixon:

Latest posts

Back