gen II scoops

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VsMaxx

Reaction score
hey guys, im seeing all sorts of pictures of gen I vmaxes with scoops of a gen II. are they a direct bolt on or is some fabricating needed?
and where is everyone getting them from? are they getting them used or buying them from a dealer? :confused2:
i tried to do i little search first but i couldnt find what i was looking for.

thanks guys!:punk:

Here are some that are close but not a exact replica(
biglaugh.gif
): http://www.exactrep.com/acatalog/info_51.html

The Gen11 ones won't fit on the Gen1 - I tried to fit them already - but the one's that Redbone listed will work - I am seriously thinking of getting a set - do love the way the Gen11 style scoops look on the Gen1.

Mike

I have a chromed set of Mega Scoops that I am wanting to get sold. Had to get one of them rechromed (got a small rub mark in it) but should be back by now (just need to open the packages at the shop). I am wanting $500 for the pair with fresh chrome work plus shipping. I have another pair that are rough castings that could be smoothed up and painted for $150 (pics on the Morleys Muscle for sale section).

Sean

how bad of a rep do thiose guys have? i like the ebay ones, but id rather not give my hard earned cash to someone who has screwed a fellow biker.

anyway do ya think cf scoops on a cf bike would look good?

bad guy who has screwed few here. I got a drag bar through ebay and didn't have issue but it was before I read about this.
I'm neutral but I prefer to let people make their own mind.

Here's what I have for sale (and I will be posting in the sale section).

Attachments

• Mega Scoops.jpg
    Mega Scoops.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 23
hmm from what ive read im not dealing with them. looks like hes screwed too many guys. has anyone tried polishing theyre stock scoops? the set i have have scratches and a few scrapes on one, how well do they buff out?

I polish mine every year and only monthly touch up with Mothers aluminum polish. When I first picked up my max in '07 I had to do a lot of sanding starting with 600 grit working on up in grit to polishing compound. Each year I just do some light sanding with a grey scotchbrite pad then some polishing compound. My scoops aren't perfect because of casting flaws and such but they polish up great.

Latest posts

Back