Ghost in the Machine

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like Venture one are similar. Dunno if exactly the same.

I've had one v-max on surgery about 3 days ago with spark lose.
Bike wont start somethimes. Somethimes only couple of shots into exhaust.
No problem after start, bike runs ok.

I've checked plugs, wires, colis and evrything was ok.
Also pick up shows about 120Ohm but...there are crimps on two wires where pick up coli goes. Orange and black wire.

Those crimps where full of green. After removing crimps and solder the wires theres no probmlem with start anymore.

Where are you checking resistance? I cant find the wires that lead to the pick up coil.

+1 to G.

You will find a connector under the seat.

Manual shows 2 pick up coils but in your 2006 you will find only one pick up.

You will find many wires just right behind you right foot. Thats the place where you'll
find pick up colis wires.

I got an idea! Do like I do,kiss it really gently on the speedometer,stroke the tank with your left hand real soft and say "Come on baby,Ill give ya some race fuel if you start for me". Then close your eyes and hit the start button! Works some times...LMAO
I think I now understand why you heat treated your exhaust!! :rofl_200:

Hope this helps.

I had a similar problem with by 92, checked everything, changd everything still same problem.

Turned out to be a bad splice in the pick up coil wire . don't know if it was factory or what but it was hidden under protective plastic sheathing right where the pickup coil wires come out of the case.

had to remove side cover by shifter to get at it.

havent had a problem since (over a year).

good luck

Russ

My issue turned out to be the TCI! I replaced it and havent had any issues.
Sold the bike a month ago and bought a '06 FZ1.

Back