Go pro guys in here?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a YouTube review of the Emerson:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK8en4J9t08

That's one of the ones I watched and helped me make the decision... I don't need nothing crazy good for me just taking videos of out riding and drag racing, if I was like testing products or doing involved blogging or something where quality really counts I'd go with the GoPro but for a hillbilly racing his bike I'm sure the $40 Emerson will be fine :)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

It seems most of the "good" accessories are sold seperately? What is recommended to buy right up front for "extras"? I figure a RAM mount or two....
+1, they make a nice suction mount also this I already have a handlebar mount but may get one of these to go in my unused mirror mount. In fact I'm getting two of these mirror mounts one for my phone and one for my camera.

That's one of the ones I watched and helped me make the decision... I don't need nothing crazy good for me just taking videos of out riding and drag racing, if I was like testing products or doing involved blogging or something where quality really counts I'd go with the GoPro but for a hillbilly racing his bike I'm sure the $40 Emerson will be fine :)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Have you gotten the Emerson yet? Anything to report?

My original Hero had all sorts of problems. The USB slot broke after the first use so you had to remove the memory card to get the videos off it, the TV out port also broke, making the camera constantly think it was in TV mode so it wouldn't record, you had to do this special trick turning it on to make it work. And the battery was all but useless after about 6 months, be lucky to get 15 minutes before it was dead.

Our team has a Hero2 which is at least easier to use, but even with the extra battery add-on, the life is disappointing. Both batteries fully charged and it barely lasts an hour of 720 recording. In the cold on snowmobiles it was even worse. The photo/burst mode is useless. Unless the camera and subject are totally stationary, the photo is a blurry mess. There's also a solid 2-3 second delay between pressing the button and it actually taking a photo.

Buddy has a hero3 and a few of the vids from it look pretty amazing, but at close to $400 for the fancy one I'd sure hope so.

I'd say save ya money & get a Emerson HD action cam again but there sold out unless ya pay 60.00 on Amazon

Our team has a Hero2 which is at least easier to use, but even with the extra battery add-on, the life is disappointing. Both batteries fully charged and it barely lasts an hour of 720 recording. In the cold on snowmobiles it was even worse. The photo/burst mode is useless. Unless the camera and subject are totally stationary, the photo is a blurry mess. There's also a solid 2-3 second delay between pressing the button and it actually taking a photo.
./QUOTE]

On my Hero2: I get nearly 3 hours of recording at 960p 30fps.
Never tried the photo burst, but you can adjust the delay between hitting the button and the camera taking the shot. You can choose 0-10 seconds, with default being 2 seconds.

Have you gotten the Emerson yet? Anything to report?

I bought it and have it mounted on my bike, went for a very short ride Saturday but didn't record it because it was the first ride of the season (cold as a well diggers ass too) and I just wanted to pay attention to what the bike was doing and make sure everything still worked good and didn't want one more thing to keep track of... I'll try to get some video this week sometime if it warms up some more and let you guys know...

I bought it and have it mounted on my bike, went for a very short ride Saturday but didn't record it because it was the first ride of the season (cold as a well diggers ass too) and I just wanted to pay attention to what the bike was doing and make sure everything still worked good and didn't want one more thing to keep track of... I'll try to get some video this week sometime if it warms up some more and let you guys know...

Thanks, man...........

Back