Go pro guys in here?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
My wife just got me an original one, but its having problems. It wont record for longer then 21 seconds, it freezes and locks. It wont turn off sometimes etc.

I tried a couple sd cards all at minimum class 4, one was a class 6. Same problems with all of them.

Also I tried reformatting the cards and that seemed to help for one time, then it went back to normal problems.

I didn't download the latest firmware, I saw bad and good reports. I think I am just going to take it back and get the go pro II as I haven't seen as many problems with that one ( lets hope ).

Todd

I just got a contour and need to try it. Many go pro guys swear by the countour. Not sure what i can get for pricing?

I also have Contour. I just barely used it but it is definitely better than 1st gen Go Pro and comparable to Gen 2 Go Pro but a lot cheaper.

I have a GoPro Hero 960. Inexpensive and no issues with it at all. You can find them for around $118

The only thing they're missing is 720p at 60 fps, 1080p video, and the HERO BUS expansion port in the rear of the camera. Otherwise its same camera. I don't need the 1080 res. Did some research the human eye can't particularly tell the difference between 960 and 1080 res. The only thing is not meing able to buy another GP960 and record in 3d, or use the LCD and WiFi accy's.

Oddly enough the color processing is a little bit better with my $50 refurbished flip video recorder. In 720 res mode, it records every bit as well as the GoPro but it will have hella wind noise. All the video's I've made so far was recorded on either one or the other. A lot of the time, both.

i have a go pro hero 2. to be honest there is a learning curve to this cam. the 2 buttons can be slightly confusing to navigate the menu, but once you have it figured out... just, WOW...

the 1080 is exceptional, especially at 45 frames a second which in layman's terms is high def slo mo. 11 mp still cam, its stuffed full of options. At 400 bucks cdn its not cheap but its video is awesome....

peace,
evan...

I have had a go pro2 for a few months now. I've used it randomly here and there to get some good mounting positions and shooting angles ready. Used it on the quads, the rock crawler and the Max. Video quality is exceptional, but it is the only one that I have used so I have nothing to compare to. Most recent footage was shot a few days ago while I was riding ” The Tail Of The Dragon” and other various hot spots around the Smokey Mountains. Video and audio were phenomenal and after some minor editing will be posted here. Good luck, and I know you will like it. Be sure to do a lot of preliminary testing! I actually put alignment marks on the mounting joints so that I know where the optimal shooting angle is for each position. Cuts down on set-up time.

Later,
Dusty

So I'm planning to get a GoPro camera. On this thread here most everyone likes the GoPro II? Anyone have anything new to add before I put my money down??

The goPro "black" or "3" has a different lens setup that eliminates the "fish eye" effect. So if you dont like the fish eye look at the latest and greatest version. Otherwise the 2 is pretty sweet!

You can buy a different lens for the Hero2 that eliminates the fisheye effect. You no longer get yhe 170 degree field of view though, I think it takes down to 90 degrees. I've seen the lens on Amazon for around $30.

Just got a hero 3 and I love it. It syncs with your phone to preview so you don't have to guess if its pointed right. You can set it to med angle to get rid of the fisheye look. Gotta have an extra battery cause it lasts maybe an hour and a half. Got a 16g class 10 micro SD off new egg for $13.

Still no issues with the Hero2 960.
I'm getting ready to replace my Flip HD 8gb, as a second camera, after school lets out with the Emerson unit that's been mentioned. Purely cause of a price thing. $40-60 is still better than $100+ :)

What ever you decide on, you can't go wrong with the Ram mount. :)

leftsidew.jpg

p1040064p.jpg

It seems most of the "good" accessories are sold seperately? What is recommended to buy right up front for "extras"? I figure a RAM mount or two....

Back