Good bye Mister Max!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later..... Nothing lasts forever, and looks like my time owning a VMax has come to a sudden - and totally unforseen end.:surprise:

It was a great 28 years with Godzilla, really wanted it to be a lifetime thing.....

Seems my son Ian (who turns 20 today) decided that he didn't want a 250 Ninja anymore - and allocated MY Max as his!

So.......... I get to do the work on it, buy the tires and oil for it, and MAYBE get to ride it once in a while if I ask nice......

He's riding it like a champ, and yes - the above was all a bunch of bull!
(Please may I ride MY bike now, Ian???):punk:

Maybe its time for you to get a gen II? You have the perfect excuse... At least it is remaining in the family.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later..... Nothing lasts forever, and looks like my time owning a VMax has come to a sudden - and totally unforseen end.:surprise:

It was a great 28 years with Godzilla, really wanted it to be a lifetime thing.....

Seems my son Ian (who turns 20 today) decided that he didn't want a 250 Ninja anymore - and allocated MY Max as his!

So.......... I get to do the work on it, buy the tires and oil for it, and MAYBE get to ride it once in a while if I ask nice......

I'll be sure to get him to invite you along on your RoadStar for our Vmax rides. :eusa_dance: :punk: :rofl_200:

Hahaha noooooooooooooooooo so that meen he's riding it to thunder

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

This family thing, every once in a while i think im missing something, but then i hang out with my married freinds. That cures that.

Did it really mean so little to you, all those times setting up your position in traffic to take advantage of vboost? For shame Bill,for shame! But i suppose if you still get to ride it it isn't a complete betrayal. Though i dare you to tell me you don't sense her wounded pride when you look into her big mournful headlight...

Wow Bill, i think its awesome he wants it to begin with. I mean kids these days always want the latest / greatest most modern thing out there. Not a 28 year old machine. Must be because its been like a brother to him for the past 20 years. This just adds to the memories Godzilla has given you. :beer:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Actually - the bike stays in MY name till he gets a LOT more experience! Between us, he gets it in my will............ Don't tell him!

Lol, i promise i wont tell him. ;);) You better delete that because if he is gonna riding it, he will probably want to be on here before long. What a lucky kid Bill.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

LOL, when I turned 16 I did the same thing with my dad's midnight special 1100. He ended up giving it to me as a graduation present.

He'll get it eventually - we all know it! Seriously, his riding is really coming along great! He respects the bike, but isn't afraid to RIDE it. I can see his clutch hand working as he is shifting gears (yeah, I'm behind him! Riding a RoadStar, and he's on a Max! What did you expect??), and he seems to have the shift points perfect. I asked him how much trouble he's having with the actual mechanics of operating the clutch/throttle/shifter, and he says it's pretty much instinct now, he doesn't really think about it. His leaning is becoming very smooth, and he can hold a line through a turn without wandering in the lane.

Of course - he hasn't hit the boost yet....
Or had a car turn in front of him....
Or hit gravel....
Or met up with Bambi....

These will all come with experience and time. Right now, it's easy father and son rides.

Priceless!

He'll get it eventually - we all know it! Seriously, his riding is really coming along great! He respects the bike, but isn't afraid to RIDE it. I can see his clutch hand working as he is shifting gears (yeah, I'm behind him! Riding a RoadStar, and he's on a Max! What did you expect??), and he seems to have the shift points perfect. I asked him how much trouble he's having with the actual mechanics of operating the clutch/throttle/shifter, and he says it's pretty much instinct now, he doesn't really think about it. His leaning is becoming very smooth, and he can hold a line through a turn without wandering in the lane.

Of course - he hasn't hit the boost yet....
Or had a car turn in front of him....
Or hit gravel....
Or met up with Bambi....

These will all come with experience and time. Right now, it's easy father and son rides.

Priceless!
Awesome Bill, I can tell you busting at the seams with pride and you deserve it from the sounds of it!:worthy: Good kids don't just happen, your son sounds like a chip off the 'ol block!
I will be looking forward to meeting him and finally get to meet you in person at Thunder! :punk:

Latest posts

Back