Grippy tires for the Vmax 1700

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I now have my own tyre fitting machine and have fitted a Dunlop Q3 240/40-18 rear on my Gen 2 Vmax without any problems. You need a decent compressor, wire brush rim bead area and lubricate tyre lips and rim bead areas. It worked for me.

I now have my own tyre fitting machine and have fitted a Dunlop Q3 240/40-18 rear on my Gen 2 Vmax without any problems. You need a decent compressor, wire brush rim bead area and lubricate tyre lips and rim bead areas. It worked for me.

Did you put a 240 on the stock width rim?

I just put a Shinko Verge 011 on the back of my 2015 VMAX and lo' and behold, ran into a rain storm on the way home, in a twisty mountain area to boot! I was scared to death but never lost grip, although of course, I was babying it through the corners. Have put about 200 miles on it so far, I honestly can't tell much difference than the stock BattleAxe, but for the price, I don't think they can be beat! I got 5K out of my stock rear BattleAxe and hope to get at least that out of this Shinko!

I think they hold ok in the wet too. But I did think the handling was greatly improved when I switched from the battleax.

Do you have an 011 on the front?

I swapped out both the front and rear and can’t say enough how much they improved everything. From lighter steering to a much smoother ride. With the oem tires, expansion cracks jarred my back. These Shinkos don’t. Highly recommend!

My rim is a Yamaha wide wheel. It was in their accessory catalog years ago. No longer available unfortunately.

You should speak to Sean Morley here on the forum, he is now supplying 240 rims.

Do any used wide rims come up on here? Thx

Very rarely, haven't seen one in a while. If I end up taking the blower off my bike I will go back to the stock rim. I'll give you a heads up.

Just don't start hoping for that.....I really want to get the blower dialed in. :)

Very rarely, haven't seen one in a while. If I end up taking the blower off my bike I will go back to the stock rim. I'll give you a heads up.

Just don't start hoping for that.....I really want to get the blower dialed in. :)
Hey man really appreciate it and would be up for it but I do hope you get your blower straightened out. :cool: Any ideas for me on going with just the front seat since I always ride solo. If I take the rear pillion off is there anything like a chrome fender rack or any other item I may be open to? Pix of fender rack on the Raider. Thank you much!

Attachments

• 20151219_155202.jpg
    20151219_155202.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Yes, Sean Morley. His email is [email protected]
Thanks will check him out. Haven't even got the bike yet, supposed to be picked up between 27-29th. Maybe jumping the gun but I know going from a 210 to a 240 on the Raider made all the difference in the world. It handled so much better especially in turns. Raider doesn't have much ground clearance and was scraping all the time but the 240 was a bit taller and gave me more lean angle. Crazy talking about that on a 740 lb. cruiser.:D

Back